Will this help?
My brother program a password on my mac and it wont let me go threw any of my stuff. I need to reprogram it? would this help?
- Asked by Christina U from Boynton Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this help?)
2 Answers from the Community
You don't mention which version of Apple OS X you are using. You need to find the Apple install CD/DVD for your Mac, then find the utility on the CD/DVD that will let you "reset" the password. As the other replier said, if the MASTER PASSWORD (different than the normal password) has been set and you don't know it, you're not in too much trouble as long as you have not set the FILE VAULT. That being said, if the MASTER PASSWORD has been set and you don't know it, it would be much safer to copy the files you need to an external hard disk, make sure you have the installation CD/DVD of the software you are using and erase the current hard drive and start from beginning of re-installing the operating system.
- Answered by Michael K from Perkinsfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I believe the Mac OS X Disks that came with your computer should have been able to let you get access unless there is a Master Password for the computer.
If you have upgraded OS before then use the current OS Disk.
- Answered by Viola R from Tucson
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Blind customers, how can I help my nephew
- Asked by Latoya M from Kennesaw
- Nov 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Blind customers, how can I help my nephew)
- Asked about: iPad
Help! Which Mac is right for me?
- Asked by Venessa D from Toronto
- Aug 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Help! Which Mac is right for me?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
Can I have the new MacBook for college? Will it be helpful?
- Asked by Abdel Rahman M from New York
- Apr 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I have the new MacBook for college? Will it be helpful?)
- Asked about: Mac