I have to get a power adapter fo a 13 inch Macbook Black Version. I have been offered a 45 watt and a 85 watt Which is the correct one for New Zealand
1 Answer from the Community
Short answer: Get the 85 watt one. More detailed answer: The wattage requirement depends on your computer, not on your country. The Mac adapters will adapt to the voltage in your country, so either would work in New Zealand, but not necessarily with your MacBook. If you don't know what wattage your computer takes (hint: look at the adapter that came with it if you still have it), just get the 85 watt one, because you can use a higher wattage adapter (I use the 85 watt on my MacBook Air), but not a lower one. If the adapter that came with your computer was a 45 watt one (like for the MacBook Air), you could get the 45 watt adapter.
- Answered by Grant G from Studio City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?
- Asked by Eric M from Accomac
- Oct 11, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 12 watt power adapter charge the new MacBook?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
how do i connect my ac power cord to my mac pro 13 inch
- Asked by Thelma O W
- Sep 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i connect my ac power cord to my mac pro 13 inch)
Apple 60W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter
Are there any benefits to using the 85w Magsafe Pro2 Power adapter on 13" MacBook Pro Retina display?
- Asked by Mohammed H from Skokie
- Jun 8, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there any benefits to using the 85w Magsafe Pro2 Power adapter on 13" MacBook Pro Retina display?)
- Asked about: Apple 85W MagSafe 2 Power Adapter (…