Any chance that this monitor would work with a older monitor when the older monitor connects to the thunderbolt port on the back of this display?
I have a 24 inch samsung monitor that works fine when connects with the 2011 MBP directly via a mini display port to DVI adaptor, but it doesn't work when I connect it to the back of the thunderbolt port of the thunderbolt display. Is there a chance that I could get the samsung monitor working to set up the dual monitor system with the thunderbolt display?
1 Answer from the Community
The answer is not correct. A second older display can be added, but not directly attached to the Thunderbolt display. You have to put some other Thunderbolt device in the middle and make the old cinema display the last in the chain. Therefore you could connect a Lacie external thunderbolt drive and then connect the old cinema display to the Lacie drive as it has two thnuderbolt ports. This would then give you two 27" displays. Not cheap way of doing things but at the moment it is the only way.
- Answered by Arjuna P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does mini work with dell monitor
- Asked by Richard C from Chalfont
- Aug 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does mini work with dell monitor)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
Can I connect an older apple monitor to the new macbook?
- Asked by Bradley B from Portland
- Mar 12, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect an older apple monitor to the new macbook?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter