do you need a macbook pro to power a thunderbolt display
2 Answers from the Community
No if your mac is 2011 or later it will work because the macs 2011 and up have thunderbolt ports. If your mac is older you will need a cinema Display.
- Answered by Brian C from Huntington Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I think any Mac with a Thunderbolt port should work. My Macbook Air from 2011 works just fine.
- Answered by Matthew H from Omaha
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
can I connect macbook pro with Thunderbolt
- Asked by Cassandra H from San Diego
- May 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I connect macbook pro with Thunderbolt)
- Asked about: Mac
Is the thunderbolt display port on my macbook pro an input or an output only?
- Asked by Clark N from Marina
- Oct 21, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the thunderbolt display port on my macbook pro an input or an output only?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter