Dual 27" ACD possible? 2011 MBP 15 --> ACD 27" (thunderbolt) --> ACD 27" (display port)
I have a 2010 27" ACD (non thunderbolt) and I have an MBP 15" 2011 with thunderbolt. I want to buy a new 27" ACD with thunderbolt and connect my MBP --> Thunderbolt 27" ACD and then connect 27" ACD displayport to the back of the Thunderbolt 27" ACD.
- Asked by Efstathios M from Dallas
- Flag as inappropriate (Dual 27" ACD possible? 2011 MBP 15 --> ACD 27" (thunderbolt) --> ACD 27" (display port))
2 Answers from the Community
MBP To Thunderbolt Display then the Thunderbolt Display has a Thunderbolt port on the back and you connect the ACD to that. That's my setup and it works fine.
- Answered by Zed B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The other answer here is CORRECT. I just verified this with Apple pre-sales via chat. Apparently some people say it is not possible to go MBP (with Thunderbolt) > ATD > ACD. But it is possible.
- Answered by Lee L from Asheville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2