From the Thunderbolt display, can I use a mini display to dvi adapter to connect another monitor, such as a dell?
1 Answer from the Community
Likely not. I've just talked with an Apple store to see if I could connect the previous generation display, a Cinema display (that was connected to a Thunderbolt port) to a Thunderbolt display and they said no. They claim to have tested it in the store as well. So, if a device like a Cinema display won't function off the Thunderbolt port on a Thunderbolt display (which normally works fine off the Thunderbolt port on the Mac) then I suspect a mini display to DVI adapter would suffer the same fate. Rather surprises me though. Thanks DeerPark Apple for testing it out first!
- Answered by Robert C from Algonquin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
On the new MacBookPro how do I hook up to external DVI monitor?
- Asked by Ernie G from Largo
- May 16, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (On the new MacBookPro how do I hook up to external DVI monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Washington
- Sep 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the new Thunderbolt Display?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…