Macbook air doesn't have FireWire or Etherne port.. Can I connect the MBA to display and use display ports instead?
Eg. I need to connect my MacBook air to my router via Ethernet cable... Can I use the display to create this connection? Same for FireWire?
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, the Thunderbolt Display includes not only those ports, but also the relevant controllers for them. As such, connecting a computer like the Air, which has Thunderbolt but lacks FireWire or Ethernet, to the display will enable the use of all the ports the display has.
- Answered by Julian B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I use the Thunderbolt Display as the only display without having to connect the magSafe to my Macbook Air?
- Asked by Yago F from Scottsdale
- Mar 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Thunderbolt Display as the only display without having to connect the magSafe to my Macbook Air?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
Can this be used with a MacBook Air and a 27" LED Cinema Display?
- Asked by Jeff K from Farmington Hills
- Oct 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a MacBook Air and a 27" LED Cinema Display?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter