What is the dpi of the thunderbolt display? Is it equlivient to a HiDef monitor/display? Those are usually labeled in dpi.
1 Answer from the Community
The 27in thunderbolt display has a 16:9 aspect ratio, so the screen is approx. 23.5x13.2in in size. With a resolution of has a resolution of 2560x1440, this adds up to about 109ppi (pixel-per-inch).
- the 27" iMac with 5K retina screen is 218ppi
- the 15.4" Macbook Pro with retina is 221ppi
- the standard 15.4 Macbook pro is 110ppi
Keep in mind though that the perceived definition of a screen depends on the viewing distance, so you want to consider that in your comparison as well.
- Answered by Alex B from Kirkland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How many dpi is the Apple Mouse?
- Asked by Bobby S from Ocean City
- Oct 24, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (How many dpi is the Apple Mouse?)
- Asked about: Apple Mouse
What is the resolution of photos that iPad air takes?
- Asked by Kateryna B
- Dec 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the resolution of photos that iPad air takes?)
- Asked about: iPad
What is the dpi resolution capability on the scanner?
- Asked by Nancy R from Colora
- Mar 9, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the dpi resolution capability on the scanner?)
- Asked about: HP ENVY 7640 e-All-in-One Printer