Will the 27" Thunderbolt Display power a USB SuperDrive?
My SuperDrive works only if I plug it directly into my Retina Display MBP, thus taking up one of the USB ports. My powered USB hub will not power the SuperDrive, and neither will the USB ports on the back of my 30" Cinema Display monitor.
If I get the 27" Thunderbolt Display, can I plug the SuperDrive into one of the USB ports on the back of the display and draw enough power from it?
- Asked by Roger B from Los Angeles
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 27" Thunderbolt Display power a USB SuperDrive?)
2 Answers from the Community
Apple says yes
- Answered by John K from West Bloomfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have this setup and the super drive ejects media straight away but works fine plugged into my retina MBP.
- Answered by Veronica M from Port Alberni
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2