Can you use a VESA mount for an I-pad on a wheelchair?
The client has an otter box cover on an i-pad which is too thick to fit in a Ram-mount which we got last week. Maybe we can adapt it if we can fit into a VESA mount..
Many thanks, Marian Foley.
1 Answer from the Community
First of all, this product is not a VESA mount itself. It is an adapter that allows you to USE a standard VESA mount. Also it works only with the listed Apple displays by replacing the mounting arm.
Since the RAM mount will securely clamp the iPad to the wheelchair, IMO it seems like the Otter Box may be overkill. Perhaps you could just take the iPad out of the Otter Box? (According to the RAM site, the arm won't accept ANY case on the iPad.)
- Answered by Eric O from Rockford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
What is the approximate footprint for the desk mount?
- Asked by Matthew P from Red Deer
- Jun 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the approximate footprint for the desk mount?)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Desk Mount
does this support standard VESA mounts?
- Asked by David O from San Jose
- Oct 27, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (does this support standard VESA mounts?)
- Asked about: LG UltraFine 4K Display
Can the imac stand be removed and replaced with a vesa mount?
- Asked by Matthew C
- Jul 28, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the imac stand be removed and replaced with a vesa mount?)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Wall Mount