Will the magnets of new smart cover scratch the i pad
- Asked by Robert R from Pickering
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the magnets of new smart cover scratch the i pad)
4 Answers from the Community
My smart cover has scratched a small pat of the side of the iPad don't know why but I will be asking apple about soon.
- Answered by Aj H from Zanesville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The magnets of the smart cover will not scratch the iPad because connected to the magnets is rubber, but if you drag it around in its typing stand it will scratch the other side
- Answered by Akhil G from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No the smart cover will not because it magnetically attaches on the side but it is gentil and so will not scratch
- Answered by Rosalie L from Ottawa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Ive had my SC the day the iPad came out and no it has not scratched the iPad because there are two plastic little feet on the hinges that connect with the iPad. Then again I did not wait long before installing the FB shield from BodyGuardz so I didn't have it long enough for it to actually have time to scrsth the iPad. Keep in mind, Apple states they made the SC and iPad 2 at the same time and I'm sure they thought of that when they made it since it really seems like they put a lot of thought into making this SC. Either way, I don't think it would but if you're concerned I would suggest you get at least the back shield from BodyGuardz or Zagg's to prevent that from ever happening. Get it and try it out yourself, I know you will end up keeping it but worse comes to worse you return it. After all you just spent $499.99+ for the iPad so what's another $40-$50 shipped.
- Answered by Bryan Y from Cockeysville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
are there magnets on the back cover to hold the front in place when folded?
- Asked by Geoff W from Shelby
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (are there magnets on the back cover to hold the front in place when folded?)
- Asked about: iPad Smart Case - Polyurethane - Da…
Does the front cover have a magnetic type catch to stop it flapping about inside a carry bag or hand bag?
- Asked by Michael B
- Nov 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the front cover have a magnetic type catch to stop it flapping about inside a carry bag or hand bag?)
- Asked about: iPad Air Smart Case - Black