Can i wash my earpods in water cz they are mentioned to be water resistant&sweat resistant?.. Can the earwax get into earpods speaker grills?
5 Answers from the Community
Accidentally..... I left my earpods in my jeans pocket... it was only a matter of time when the jeans were thrown in the washing machine....
They are still working.... but I would not recommend it :)
- Answered by Mark R
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
My earphones just went thought the wash the other day and they still work fine. Of course i would not recommend this practise but I'm glad they still work.
- Answered by Karen L from Sherwood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I was having a problem in one ear phone. It was more quiet than the other which was really annoying. I assumed it was a wax build-up because it had nothing to do with the wiring. After reading that water could work and that it wasn't recommended I figured that I may as well try it. I took a small piece of paper towel and dabbed it into water then washed the headphone, making sure to get into the speaker part. This took less than a minute. I checked it and it worked just fine after that. Although it's not recommend it, it is worth a try. Ironic how water fixed a headphone problem.
- Answered by Chantel D from Walla Walla
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I had a little bit of earwax in mine and it was annoying because they are hard to clean, but I accidentally washed them and when i found them in the dryer, they worked perfectly and were perfectly clean... I don't recommend but it does work...
- Answered by Henry F from Philomont
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Earwax does get in, but so far no build-up because I blow them out every time I pull them out of my ears. Preventive Maintenance, buddy.
- Answered by David G from Amarillo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
How water resistant are they?
- Asked by Sara B from Toronto
- Jul 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How water resistant are they?)
- Asked about: JayBird BlueBuds X Premium Bluetoot…
is the Equil Smartpen water resistant? I often work outside in poor weather conditions and occasionally drop pens in the grass.
- Asked by Belinda L
- Jan 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (is the Equil Smartpen water resistant? I often work outside in poor weather conditions and occasionally drop pens in the grass.)
- Asked about: Equil Smartpen 2