Does this charger double as a power converter for traveling in Europe? (I have an adapter, but not a converter and I don't want to blow out my iPad).
2 Answers from the Community
This power adapter works in Europe just fine. It's input is rated for 110V (found in the U.S.) and up to 240V (most European countries supply electricity at 220V). While the adapter is compatible with the electrical input you will still have to get a simple power plug adapter to change the U.S. style plug to European (or whatever your destination is). You can pick up a power plug adapter in most department stores and at most international airports. Once you get that plug it in on top of your 12W USB adapter and voila! You may also want to visit an Apple store in Europe they have the plug style you will need as well. Please remember to always use genuine Apple adapter.
- Answered by Peter Z from Castaic
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. Look at it through a magnification glass and you will see it will go up to European voltages. Like many modern electronics, it is automatically switchable. All you need is the adapter.
- Answered by Myron E from Cortlandt Manor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Do I need a power converter to charge my iPhone while traveling in Europe to convert voltage from 220 to110volts or do I just use these plug adapters?
- Asked by Mary Ann L from Somers
- Nov 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need a power converter to charge my iPhone while traveling in Europe to convert voltage from 220 to110volts or do I just use these plug adapters?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit
can it be converted for ipad?
- Asked by Jonathan M from Brooklyn
- Dec 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can it be converted for ipad?)
- Asked about: Bretford MobilePro Adjustable Wall …
No answers yet
I am going to Italy. Will my Ipad power cord convert from 220 to 120, or do a need a step down converter?
- Asked by Brian B from Omaha
- Jul 2, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (I am going to Italy. Will my Ipad power cord convert from 220 to 120, or do a need a step down converter?)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…