How do I use it in the car
How do I charge my iPad in the car using the apple 12w adapter
- Asked by Neil M
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I use it in the car)
3 Answers from the Community
Actually it's not that complicated if you did want to use it in your car. Just get a power inverter. They plug into your cigarette lighter outlet and convert the 12V DC to 120V AC. They're quite common and work great.
- Answered by David P from Reno
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Unless you enter into complicated setups, I'm afraid, you cannot!
You need to get a car charger, which you can plug into your car's 12vdc cigarette lighter socket!
If you need a car charger, you need to buy a third party product; some brands are already approved by Apple.
Be aware that this Apple charger has a 12 watt rating which means it has a charging capacity of 2.1A dc (which is the rating needed for iPads whereas iPhones & iPods need a more conservative 1.0A charging rating!...)
Those car chargers I mention may have built-in output cables (with the Lightning type connector at the tip) or a USB port where you can plug in a USB to Lighning type charging and sync cable. Many of the recent breed of third party car chargers have 2.1A output capacity, there also are dual output ones which have two USB output ports. The earlier dual output ones have 2x 1.0A outputs; these will not charge iPads fast enough. The more recent (and costlier) ones now boast a 2.1Aplus 1.0A ports or even 2x 2.1A ports. If you need to charge an iPad prefer to buy one of these new but costlier models. Some models (though at an even higher price tag) come with detachable USB to Lighning cables ususlly around 100 cm length.
- Answered by M. Afak Y
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Why not connect the iPhone / iPad using the USB cord to the USB port in the car. It also works in case u need to play songs. I use it the same way and serves dual purpose for me.
- Answered by Rohit S from Mumbai
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can this adapter be used in the car?
- Asked by Devaughn A from Centralia
- Jul 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this adapter be used in the car?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable
No answers yet
how can i charge my shuffle in my car
- Asked by Barbara D from Fernandina Beach
- Sep 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (how can i charge my shuffle in my car)
- Asked about: Apple iPod shuffle USB Cable
No answers yet