Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?
I lost my iPhone 3G charger and I want to know if it is ok to use my iPad 4 12 w USB charger
- Asked by مني س from Suez
- Flag as inappropriate (Will 12 w USB for i pad 4 charge an iPhone 3g generation ?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes you can use it for your iPhone
- Answered by Malcolm L from Tampa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Technically, it will; provided that you plug in an USB to 30-pin cable bcz that's the plug you have in the iPhone 3gs.
However, iPad4's charger has a 2.1A (or even a bit higher) charging capacity whereas the iPhone needs only a more conservative 1.0A charging. I'm not totally sure if this 12W charger has a current limiting function, while charging. If not, it will charge your iPhone almost twice faster. The consequences may be that your iPhone will get warmer than it's usual while being charged by this 12W charger and the phone's internal battery may detoriate gradually because of this "heavier and faster" charging.
- Answered by M. Afak Y
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
what power adaptor to charge iPhone 6
- Asked by Margaret H from Kincumber
- Sep 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (what power adaptor to charge iPhone 6)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (2 m)
No answers yet
What is the output of the 12W USB power adapter in volts and mA?
- Asked by David R
- Nov 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the output of the 12W USB power adapter in volts and mA?)
- Asked about: iPad