Can Time Capsule be used to store my music/pictures/video/etc. files first, then back up via Time Machine after?
I would like to use Time Capsule as a replacement for my current external hard drive which stores old files (and have access to it at any time) as well as be the automatic Time Machine back up from now on.
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, you can use the same drive for your TimeMachine backups and as your iTunes drive. Both functions happen independently, so music is stored immediately, and the TimeMachine process is triggered periodically.
- Answered by Souheil M from Springfield
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can Windows files (ex: Quicken) be backed up on the same drive that's backing up using Time Machine?
- Asked by Ira M from Southern Pines
- Aug 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Windows files (ex: Quicken) be backed up on the same drive that's backing up using Time Machine?)
- Asked about: G-Technology 4TB G-DRIVE with Thund…
utilizing ioSafe HD as Time Miachine connected via USB to Time Capsule?
- Asked by Tyler C from San Francisco
- Aug 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (utilizing ioSafe HD as Time Miachine connected via USB to Time Capsule?)
- Asked about: ioSafe 3TB Solo G3 Fireproof/Waterp…