Do you need to backup or move items stored on the sdram before replacing? When you replace does everything stored on it go with it?
1 Answer from the Community
No, you don't. RAM is only used as your computer runs a program. Hard drive space is for actual files. For example a computer could have 500GB of hard drive space and only 8GB of RAM. Having more RAM is only useful for quickly running multiple programs at one time. So no, you don't need to back up the memory, but you would if you were buying a new hard drive.
- Answered by Jack S from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
do i need to backup everything before i upgrade to snow leopard from leopard?
- Asked by Biju M from Sydney
- Oct 29, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need to backup everything before i upgrade to snow leopard from leopard?)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Are we allowed student discount on this item?
- Asked by Andreas M
- Dec 16, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Are we allowed student discount on this item?)
- Asked about: GoPro HERO4 Black Edition Camera
No answers yet