Do you need to backup or move items stored on the sdram before replacing? When you replace does everything stored on it go with it?
1 Answer from the Community
No, you don't. RAM is only used as your computer runs a program. Hard drive space is for actual files. For example a computer could have 500GB of hard drive space and only 8GB of RAM. Having more RAM is only useful for quickly running multiple programs at one time. So no, you don't need to back up the memory, but you would if you were buying a new hard drive.
- Answered by Jack S from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Need replacement earbuds for iPod shuffle
- Asked by Joyce H from Portland
- Nov 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Need replacement earbuds for iPod shuffle)
- Asked about: iPod
No answers yet
If I use Apple's installment plan and buy my phone in the store, do I also need to go to a carrier store to get a SIM or can Apple do everything?
- Asked by Arlene K from New York
- Sep 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (If I use Apple's installment plan and buy my phone in the store, do I also need to go to a carrier store to get a SIM or can Apple do everything?)
- Asked about: iPhone