Will the AirPods work with IPhone 6s? or Only with the new IPhone 7?
- Asked by Kristen B from Fresh Meadows
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPods work with IPhone 6s? or Only with the new IPhone 7?)
13 Answers from the Community
According to Apple, these work with:
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 7 Plus
iPad mini 2
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 4
iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
iPod touch 6th Generation
Source: Apple website
- Answered by Clayton W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The AirPods will be able to pair the old fashioned way via Bluetooth pairing to any Bluetooth 4.0 device, so as long as you have a device that's compatible with Bluetooth 4.0 stereo headphones, the AirPods will be able to work with it.
If you have an Apple device capable of pairing using the W1 chip, then that's great, but you don't *need* one of those devices to pair with the AirPods.
If you're a rebel, you can even pair them to a Samsung Galaxy S7 or an HTC 10 phone.
- Answered by Paul R from Noblesville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
They will obviously work with any Apple and non Apple device equipped with Bluetooth technology. The full compatibility, however, will be with iOS devices running iOS 10 and Macs running MacOS Sierra.
- Answered by Sergio S from Sassari
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
According to apple website they work with all devices with ios 10
- Answered by Mohammad T from Acton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Yes, anything with iOS 10 and up. Also anything with Bluetooth, although with android the feature set is not as rich.
- Answered by Michael C G from Macomb
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
My experience as an iPhone 6s user is that the AirPods worked well for most things like music and audiobooks, however I have had a terrible time so far when trying to place phone calls. The connection is constantly dropping out every 1-2 minutes during a call. I'm hoping Apple looks into this bug and finds a fix sometime soon.
- Answered by Paul M from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 6
Apparently. Yes I am going to say after seeing reviews and unboxings from YouTube from tech pros. There may be a factor that you would have to go to Bluetooth settings to connect itself if you don't have an iPhone 7. I only think. Hopefully it because I have a 6s and just ordered a pair of AirPods
- Answered by Theo L from San Rafael
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 7
they will work as long as you have iOS 10. It's not required to have the latest model.
- Answered by Matthew P from Chicago
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 8
I have the iPhone 6s Plus and it works with my phone just as well as it would with the iPhone 7, so I am sure that it will be the same for the smaller iPhone 6 :) hope that helped.
- Answered by Alix W
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 9
They work with most Bluetooth devices. You can pair them using the case
- Answered by Lawson J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 10
Will they work with the mac book pro? When will they be available?
- Answered by Chasity D from Ashland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 11
Apple iphone6s plus 128GB&Gold mondel number A1522
- Answered by Kyaw Thet O from New York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 12
- Answered by Duaa K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 13
Will these be compatible with the iPhone 6s?
- Asked by Wes F from Rbc
- Sep 7, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Will these be compatible with the iPhone 6s?)
- Asked about: EarPods with Lightning Connector
Is it a new model of Leather Case?
- Asked by Roberto P from Caba
- Sep 7, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it a new model of Leather Case?)
- Asked about: iPhone 7 Leather Case - (PRODUCT)RE…
No answers yet
Does this work with the new iPhone 7?
- Asked by Rochelle N from Miami
- Oct 10, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this work with the new iPhone 7?)
- Asked about: August Smart Lock HomeKit Enabled