Is this a good microphone for recording meetings for later transcription of the audio? How large are the audio files for hours of meetings?
2 Answers from the Community
This type of mic is great for just this type of situation. The Yeti has a variety of settings that optimise it for different room environments and recording arrangements. If you want to record two people sitting on opposite sides of the mic, you can choose the bidirectional setting. If you have the mic positioned in front of a group of people, you could use either the stereo or omnidirectional options. If you have the mic in the middle of a group, go with omnidirectional.
- Answered by Jess B from Brisbane
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
To be honest, I can't answer your first question, but from my limited single person recording use, I suspect the answer would be yes - it has an omnidirectional function that should take care of that for you. The answer to your second question depends on what software you use to capture the input, it has nothing to do with the microphone. I use the (free) Audacity software and the files are quite large but you can easily convert to MP3 and have smaller files to store. Hope this helps
- Answered by Andrew M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does the "Lightning to USB Camera Adaptor'" support downloading audio files from a digital recorder to an iPad Air?
- Asked by Richard B from Farmingdale
- Feb 11, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the "Lightning to USB Camera Adaptor'" support downloading audio files from a digital recorder to an iPad Air?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
Does it support two way audio? Or record audio?
- Asked by Noah H from Anaheim
- Dec 15, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it support two way audio? Or record audio?)
- Asked about: Canary All-in-One Home Security Sys…
No answers yet