Since the stand allows the monitor to be held in both portrait and landscape modes does the screen switch as in the iPod Touch or iPhone?
The description states that the computer can be rotated on the stand in portrait and landscape mode and i was wondering if this feature was for storage purposes or if there was an accelorometer (sorry if I spelled that wrong) in the computer that actually turns the screen as in the iPod Touch or iPhone.
3 Answers from the Community
Apple Cinema Displays do not have built in accelerometers for automatic orientation detection. If you change the display's orientation, you just need to change the "Rotation" setting in the system's Display Preferences.
- Answered by Joseph C from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, the cinema display does not automatically change orientation. That would be pretty cool though.
The vertical position is mostly used in the photo-editing/visual arts community, as it offers a better representation of what your finished products are going to look like all at once.
- Answered by Richard L from Prescott
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
That would be dependent upon the monitor. I don't believe the Apple display incorporates a tilt-sensor, so the orientation would need to be adjusted manually in the Monitor System Preference Pane.
- Answered by Junesoo Y from Milton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Does this protect views in Portrait and Landscape or only Portrait?
- Asked by Dan D from Glen Burnie
- Aug 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this protect views in Portrait and Landscape or only Portrait?)
- Asked about: 3M Privacy Screen Protector for iPh…
Is the orientation portrait, landscape or tilts with my ipod touch? and if so is it possible to just make it landscape? thanks
- Asked by Alex M from Branxton
- Sep 5, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the orientation portrait, landscape or tilts with my ipod touch? and if so is it possible to just make it landscape? thanks)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable