how do i hook up my macbook pro to my vizio tv. i have Kanex mini displayport to hdmi cable, a 2010 macbook and a 2 yr old 32 inch vizio
- Asked by Dulcie W from Buxton
Kanex Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable with Audio Support (10 ft.)
Product No Longer Available
1 Answer from the Community
Connect the Mini DisplayPort side of the cable to the MacBook and the HDMI side to one of the free HDMI ports on your TV.
Make sure your MacBook is on and also turn the TV on to the same HDMI input as you plugged the cable into.
To get audio going through the TV instead of through the laptop speakers, try this:
- Click the Apple in the upper left in the menu bar
- Click System Preferences
- Click Sound
- Make sure the Output tab is selected.
- In the list on that tab, see if your TV is listed or “HDMI” is listed. If so, click it and you should not have sound through the HDMI cable.
- Answered by Mark S from Seattle