Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
can i control by macbookpro
i have a macbook pro,so can i use this bulb by my macbook pro?
- Asked by Anish H
- Jan 8, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can i control by macbookpro)
How can I control Philips Hue lights with Siri?
I want to control my Hue lights with my iPhone6 voice control (Siri). I've asked her and she tells me she can't until I "set something up".
What do I need to set up?
My lights are functioning and the Hue app is fine but I really want to get Siri to do it.
Thanks in advance
- Asked by Darcy J from Bulgarra
- Oct 14, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I control Philips Hue lights with Siri?)
With the Philips Hue, if I exceed the 50 bulb limit of the Bridge, can I use a 2nd Bridge to control bulb number 51 to 100?
I know that the maximum number of bulbs that a single Philips Hue Bridge can control is 50. If I exceed 50 bulbs, can I use a second Hue Bridge within the same wifi network to control bulbs number 51 to 100? If so, can I still control all 100 Hue bulbs (via the 2 Hue Bridges) with the same single iPhone App? And will my single iPhone App “see” or recognise the 100 bulbs directly as one group of 100? Or will the iPhone app “divide” them into 2 groups of 50 bulbs each (one for each Bridge)? Anyone out there know the answer to this? Would really appreciate your help. Thank you.
- Asked by Maria Lourdes V from Moraga
- Sep 23, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (With the Philips Hue, if I exceed the 50 bulb limit of the Bridge, can I use a 2nd Bridge to control bulb number 51 to 100?)
If I put Hue in my vacation rental and provide guests ability to control the lights, how can I terminate that ability when they move out?
- Asked by Robert S from Stuart
- Sep 17, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (If I put Hue in my vacation rental and provide guests ability to control the lights, how can I terminate that ability when they move out?)
Can i connect two phones to one bridge?
I would like to be able to control the same bulbs from both my phone and my roommates phone. Is this possible or would i just have to buy another bridge (hub/starter kit)? From what I understand that would still not allow us to control the same bulbs because you cannot link a bulb to more than one bridge?
- Asked by Andrew S from Wayne
- Sep 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect two phones to one bridge?)
Can the Philips Hue connected Bulb be used with a dimmer switch?
Does anyone know if you can use these bulbs with dimmer switches?
So Analogue dimmer or a Digital dimmer?
If yes to a digital dimmer switch - then how about with the Lightwave RF / Siemens RF Dimmers? which you can control from your phone as well?
If you could that would be immense as you could control the on/off/dimming via a dimmer switch and or master in the bedroom and change the colour, and time when it comes on using your phone.
That's what I "need" ideally! There's no such thing as need of course!!
Thanks in advance if you can answer this.
- Asked by Oliver C
- Feb 28, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Philips Hue connected Bulb be used with a dimmer switch?)