Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
can i use iMacs thunderbolt port with this device with a firewire/thunderbolt adapter
- Asked by Stuart D from Rolling Hills Estates
- Mar 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use iMacs thunderbolt port with this device with a firewire/thunderbolt adapter)
Can the new 21” iMac’s USB power it?
I have checked G-Technology’s website, There is a note:
“** NOTE: G-DRIVE mini is bus powered when attached to a 6 or 9-pin FireWire port. The USB port on some computers may not supply enough power to reliably operate G-DRIVE mini systems larger than 320 GB. An optional power supply is available for use with G-DRIVE mini if your system does not have a FireWire port or your USB port does not provide adequate power.”
I want to ensure that the new 21” iMac’s USB port have enough power to use this drive without using the power cord. I want to use it for Time Machine. I hate power cord, i want less cable on my desktop.
- Asked by Chung-pui K
- Dec 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new 21” iMac’s USB power it?)
can you use this with your ios device 6plus and also to PC? Thanks
Backup & connectivity
- Asked by Bob L from Carbondale
- Sep 2, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use this with your ios device 6plus and also to PC? Thanks)
Can two of these be linked together?
I already have one of these (the 500GB model), and it is not quite enough space for what I need. I noticed that there was two Firewire ports on the back. Does this mean that I could plug it into another drive of the same kind (if I buy it) and they will both appear on my desktop? I only have one Firewire port on my MacBook Pro.
- Asked by Jardin L
- Jun 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can two of these be linked together?)
No answers yet