Similar questions from the community
Looking for a combo charger and extension cord for ipod touch.
In my car, I have a dock in my glovebox where I can plug in my ipod to play music through the car's stereo. This is great but there are a couple of problems.
1. The dock in the glovebox does not charge the ipod.
2. The ipod stays in the glovebox, and controls for changing songs/tracks through the relatively crude interface to the stereo are not ideal.
What I'm looking for may not exist, but I want to get an extension cord so that I can still plug the ipod in at the dock in the glovebox, but have the ipod out of the glovebox so I can see it, etc. I also would like to have a way to charge it using the dc lighter thing.
Does anyone make a cable that's an extension cable with another branch off of it for charging? I'm envisioning a cord with a car charger on one end that plugs into the ipod, then a second cord that is a docking extension cord that also runs into the end of the cable that plugs into the ipod.
All of this may be moot if I move to the iphone. I have a bluetooth connection for my phone but not sure if the iphone could take calls and play music through the bluetooth connection. My wife's car does this but mine is a little older and might not.
- Asked by Charles F from Roanoke
- Jun 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Looking for a combo charger and extension cord for ipod touch.)
can i get a new charger using the warranty?
- Asked by Gilbert T from Waipahu
- Feb 5, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can i get a new charger using the warranty?)
No answers yet
Do you do a black IPod 2 charger cable
Can I get a black cable to charge my IPad 2
- Asked by Linda R
- Mar 10, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you do a black IPod 2 charger cable)
No answers yet
When referring to wattage, is it in the cable or the charger? Or both?
ie, if I want to charge my iPad faster, I assume a 12 watt charger will be faster than a 5, but if I use a different cable (I need a long cable), will it slow it down? Does the cable itself contain a wattage, or only the charger plug itself? Thanks.
- Asked by Jenifer R from New Town
- Jun 1, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (When referring to wattage, is it in the cable or the charger? Or both?)
will this charger work for the 4th generation ipod touch
- Asked by Raquel R from North Randall
- May 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (will this charger work for the 4th generation ipod touch)
can you plug this cord directly into an ipod touch or does it only connect to a dock?
im buying a ipod touch 64gb and i need a charger and dont no if this cord plugs into the ipod itself
- Asked by Andrew R
- Jan 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can you plug this cord directly into an ipod touch or does it only connect to a dock?)
Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?
The car charger I have won't work with the otter box I have on my phone, but the home charger does. Can I just get a car charger with a USB connection and use this connector in my car to charge my iphone 3GS?
- Asked by Cheryl C from Damascus
- Jan 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used with a car charger that has a USB port?)
does this cable mute the ipod touch when connected/charging?
I gave my original cable to my daughter for her ipod when hers broke.
I then had a DLO cable that worked for charging and syncing but muted the ipod when connected.
I replaced it with a Dynex cable that charges and does not mute but will not sync - the ipod is not seen in itunes when connected.
So I want one that does it all, charges, syncs, does not mute.
- Asked by Scott J from Oak Run
- Nov 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does this cable mute the ipod touch when connected/charging?)
Can I use a Kodak charger on my 8GB iPod?
Bought an 8GB iPod couple of months ago. Since I didn't get a separate charger I'm charging it with the iPod cable on my PC's USB port. Recently bought a Kodak Z950 camera and it uses a similar charging method. That is, with a USB cable. The Kodak also came with a USB/120v charger with a USB output of 5V @ 1A. Question:can I use the Kodak charger on my iPod?
Similarly, what is the power requirement to charge the iPod?
- Asked by Hugh R from Palm Springs
- Jan 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a Kodak charger on my 8GB iPod?)
Doesn't this come with the iTouch when you purchase it new?
I am planning to purchase an iPod Touch 32 GB, but am interested in knowing what accessories I might need. I am already planning to buy a car charger, but will I need this cord, too? Doesn't the new iPod Touch come with a cord to plug it into my iMac to charge?
- Asked by Kim K from Leander
- Nov 30, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Doesn't this come with the iTouch when you purchase it new?)
can the ipad charger be used to download software updates via a laptop running Windows?
My Mum's ipad 2 is unable to connect to her bigpond wifi. The wifi button is grey and won't allow you to turn it on. I am thinking it is because she needs to get the latest Apple software updates and as she does not have an internet connection to do it via itunes by using the charger cable into her laptop as her internet on her laptop (which is running Windows) is working via the Bigpond modem but is now no longer connecting with her iPad. Can you advise please as my Mum is 91 years old and she lives in Brisbane and I live in Sydney.
- Asked by Betty V from Brisbane
- Jun 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can the ipad charger be used to download software updates via a laptop running Windows?)
ipad ipod USB cable
Is the USB cable that comes with the iPad2 identical to the USB cable for the iPod touch (i.e. 3rd gen)? -- To be clear, I am not talking about the chargers which I realize are different for iPad vs iPod.
- Asked by Jeff K from Brooklyn
- Jun 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (ipad ipod USB cable)
No answers yet
is their a charger that you click on the sides to disconnect it?
- Asked by Thairy S from Seguin
- Oct 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is their a charger that you click on the sides to disconnect it?)
Do the iPad Chargers work in italty?
- Asked by John B from Bonita Springs
- Aug 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the iPad Chargers work in italty?)
Are there cables for my iPod touch 32gig, like this but w/mini-USB on other end?If so, can I hook iPod to an external camera to capture vid on iPod?
I thought the new iPod Touches had cams on them but mine doesnt. I can only put pics/vid on it. I NEED a way to be able to hook an external vid rec/cam to my iPod (is this even possible or an attachable cam available yet for iTouch 32gig?) I'd need this cable but in a mini-USB instead, but are these types of cables available? And if this is even possible, Would I need to get a new vid rec/cam that's an MP4 format in order to make this work? Or does Apple have a cam that can easily attach to iPod Touch to capture pics/vid directly onto iPod? I only got iPod Touch cuz I thought it also had the same camera as the iPhone, which I liked, but cant get iPhone. So basically I'd either need to return iPod & get a diff product thru another brand, or find a way to make this work, cuz without a cam, this iPod is worthless to me! I'm ticked Apple didnt think these iPods needed cam! Feel like I wasted my $$! Help please.
- Asked by Pr Melissa O from Gresham
- Jan 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there cables for my iPod touch 32gig, like this but w/mini-USB on other end?If so, can I hook iPod to an external camera to capture vid on iPod?)
Can this cable be used with non apple chargers?
I have a Belkin car and wall charger and the cable for it has malfunctioned. Will this cable work with these products?
- Asked by Nicole L from Lloydminster
- Dec 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this cable be used with non apple chargers?)