Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Will it work OK on a powered USB hub? It's just my external hard drive doesn't so I have run out of USB ports on my MacBook now.
If I plug this keyboard into a USB 3.0 port on my Mac Mini, will the keyboard's USB ports then support USB 3.0 peripherals (e.g., a powered external hard drive)? (An employee at an Apple store said Yes, but she seemed uncertain.)
- Asked by David C from Menlo Park
- Dec 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (USB 3.0)
Can I connect BlackBerry to this instead of to a system USB port?
Early 2006 iMac Intel Duo with original white keyboard doesn't allow BlackBerry to operate (says there is not enough power) using one of that keyboard's USB ports. Using Snow Leopard.
- Asked by Lynn Q from Harriston
- Oct 16, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect BlackBerry to this instead of to a system USB port?)
Where is Power button for keyboard with numeric keypad? I've just bought a Mac mini & on start up it requests that I switch on power.
Where is the power button on the keyboard if it has 2 USB ports on either side? I can't get my Mac Mini going!
Do I have to install anything? Can I just plug it to the USB port?
I am wondering if there is some sort of installation to use the Keyboard? My Mac cannot read any type of discs. Would I be alright by simply plugging the keyboard to the USB port?
- Asked by Jose L from Chicago
- Feb 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to install anything? Can I just plug it to the USB port?)
Is this compatible with my Retina, 13 inch, Mid 2014 Macbook running OSX 10.9.5?
I have previously purchased a secondhand one of these because I would like to use a full-sized keyboard whilst doing a lot of typing and like the feel of the Apple wired option. However, the second hand one would only work as a USB hub and not a keyboard and looking online there are many reports of these keyboards note working with MacBooks. (I did try attaching it via a hub or extension cable as some people on various forums suggested, but this didn't work for me). Thanks.
- Asked by Gwilym W
- Jun 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with my Retina, 13 inch, Mid 2014 Macbook running OSX 10.9.5?)
Do the function keys and special buttons also work on windows computers. And... is the USB port full powered 2.0?
I'm a windows user. I know I need to buy a Mac guys (already got the iPhone =D) But is this lovely looking keyboard also full functional for Windows? I mean, can you use all the function/special/numeric Keys?
Also I'd like to know if the USB ports on the sides of the keyboard are full powered. If I'd connect my iPhone, would it be charged?
Will the usb ports on this keyboard work with the Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Brynne P from Charlottesville
- Jan 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the usb ports on this keyboard work with the Thunderbolt display?)
Can I plug my Logitech mouse's dongle into the external USB ports on Apple's keyboard with keypad? Are the USB 2.0 ports backwards compatible w/ 1.0?
I need to replace my old Apple keyboard and I am considering the new Apple Keyboard with Keypad. My old keyboard has two external USB ports which I can plug my Logitech mouse into - my Logitech mouse is not USB 2.0 specifically. I've seem some comment that the USB 2.0 connectors on Apple's new keyboards are proprietary in some way or not backwards compatible with USB 1.0 devices.
I need to know if I can plug my current Logitech mouse dongle into the external USB ports on Apples new keyboard before I purchase it. Can someone please provide additional information?
- Asked by Jonathan Y from Charleston
- Jul 13, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug my Logitech mouse's dongle into the external USB ports on Apple's keyboard with keypad? Are the USB 2.0 ports backwards compatible w/ 1.0?)
KEYBOARD SOFTWARE UPDATE?
I just upgraded the software on my old Macbook Pro to Snow Leopard bc I bought an external USB keyboard (mac, with numerical keypad), and I was told that it needed 10.6.8 to work.
However, when I type on it, it does not type letters... but symbols.
Not sure if I need to do a keyboard software update... and if so, where to get such a thing.
- Asked by Aarti S from Los Angeles
- Mar 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (KEYBOARD SOFTWARE UPDATE?)
can the two USB ports on the keyboard also be used with my (2009) Mac book Pro's 2 usb ports at the same time? (for a total of 4 USB ports)
- Asked by Edgar M from Downey
- Dec 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can the two USB ports on the keyboard also be used with my (2009) Mac book Pro's 2 usb ports at the same time? (for a total of 4 USB ports))
How do I get the MacBook Pro to recognize the numeric keyboard?
The numeric keyboard was working fine until I shut down the MacBook Pro. Now it isn't recognized. I've tried plugging it into a different USB but that hasn't helped. Thanks.
- Asked by Jennifer B from Clifton
- Mar 24, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I get the MacBook Pro to recognize the numeric keyboard?)
Can i use a USB receiver for a wireless mouse via the keyboard ports?
- Asked by Joel A from Murfreesboro
- May 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a USB receiver for a wireless mouse via the keyboard ports?)
i need a keyboard for powerpc g4 os x 10.4 or a after market that is compatible model-M7803.
7,U,j,&M keys are not working. I need to startup my powerpc using the keyboard. The one I am using now does not work. Any suggestions on where i may find at least a compatible one. Also i need a good reference on purchasing a hard drive. My Boot Volume(MAC HD) went out so i some how kept keep my computer running on administrator root acct for about 3 years now on a different drive, i think it's getting ready to go.Well i just ordered a complete os x 10.4 tiger install disk and a new battery(for motherboad). I hope all this fixes the issues i have been dealing with. Any suggestions would be apprecieated. Can't get it to boot up now
- Asked by Laura J from Lake Elsinore
- Apr 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (i need a keyboard for powerpc g4 os x 10.4 or a after market that is compatible model-M7803.)
can i use a usb port on this keyboard to connect to another computer (use two computers with one keyboard)??
i have two computers set up and i'm wondering if i buy a usb cable if i can plug the keyboard (or an older mac keyboard w. two usb ports) in and use it for two computers!! that would be SWEET!
- Asked by William P from San Francisco
- Mar 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a usb port on this keyboard to connect to another computer (use two computers with one keyboard)??)
Can I charge my IPhone using the keyboards usb 2.0 port ?
- Asked by Terry F from Indianapolis
- Feb 20, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I charge my IPhone using the keyboards usb 2.0 port ?)