Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Is it possible to buy a Danish keyboard for an i mac that is bought here in the US?
I live in the US but write a lot of Danish so I need the Danish letters æ, ø, å - can I buy a Danish keyboard and use that for an imac. And which changes to the set up do I need to make?
- Asked by Julie S from Brooklyn
- May 20, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to buy a Danish keyboard for an i mac that is bought here in the US?)
On the danish keyboard, the button above number seven, on the keypad, what does it do? It looks like a rectangular with an X over it.
It looks like a rectangular with an X over it.
How can i buy a Keyboard with Numeric in spanish version?
im living now in Dominican Republic and the Apple Stores here do not have this keyboard and i need it as soon as possible.
- Asked by Alejandra A
- Jan 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How can i buy a Keyboard with Numeric in spanish version?)
Where can i buy the US English Keyboard in Europe?
I would like to buy a US Style Apple keyboard so that I have a matching key configuration between my Mac Book Pro and external keyboard.
Unfortunately the "International Keyboard" presently offered on the UK Store has some keys (return, ~, shift, \) positioned in differently which i find very annoying.
The keyboard selection for the brand new iMac's have an option for "Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (US) and User's Guide", can anyone tell me if this keyboard is the true US style as sold in Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, USA, Canada?
Could anyone point me in the direction of a store selling the US keyboard in Europe?
- Asked by Henry M from London
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can i buy the US English Keyboard in Europe?)
Can I buy UK keyboard on Mac Air in USA?
- Asked by Jan M
- Nov 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy UK keyboard on Mac Air in USA?)
No answers yet
can you use a apple keyboard with numeric keypad with the mac book
- Asked by Nancy W from Oviedo
- Oct 6, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use a apple keyboard with numeric keypad with the mac book)
KEYBOARD SOFTWARE UPDATE?
I just upgraded the software on my old Macbook Pro to Snow Leopard bc I bought an external USB keyboard (mac, with numerical keypad), and I was told that it needed 10.6.8 to work.
However, when I type on it, it does not type letters... but symbols.
Not sure if I need to do a keyboard software update... and if so, where to get such a thing.
- Asked by Aarti S from Los Angeles
- Mar 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (KEYBOARD SOFTWARE UPDATE?)
Can I buy a Japanese layout keyboard in the US Apple store or do I have to get a complete system for that?
When you buy a new system you have the option of selecting 1 of 4 different language layouts for the keyboard (including Japanese). Yet I cannot find the option to get a Japanese keyboard by itself on the US apple store website, is this possible?
- Asked by Corbett H from Washington
- Jan 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy a Japanese layout keyboard in the US Apple store or do I have to get a complete system for that?)
I'm about to buy it bundled with the iMac, I'd like the buy the French Keyboard, but is it an AZERTY or a QWERTY keyboard?
Recently moved in from France and I can't get used to the QWERTY keyboards and the lack of accent keys is a bummer too. I noticed Apple is offering the option of changing the keyboard language (English/French/Spanish/Japanese) when buying a Mac, but is the offered french keyboard an AZERTY (European French) keyboard or a QWERTY (Quebec, Canada) keyboard?
Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Paul A from Cleveland
- Apr 3, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm about to buy it bundled with the iMac, I'd like the buy the French Keyboard, but is it an AZERTY or a QWERTY keyboard?)
Where is Power button for keyboard with numeric keypad? I've just bought a Mac mini & on start up it requests that I switch on power.
Where is the power button on the keyboard if it has 2 USB ports on either side? I can't get my Mac Mini going!
Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?
I have been using a Windows desktop at home and my office. Although I have never had a laptop, I have been planning to buy an Apple laptop for use when I travel. However, I recently used an Apple and found its keyboard, in one particular way, to be inferior to the standard keyboards that I have been accustomed to using. Do you agree?
A conventional keyboard has two keys to make deletions. The backspace key deletes characters to the left of the cursor. The delete key deletes characters to the right of the cursor. In contrast, the Apple keyboard has only one key to make deletions. It is the delete key and it deletes characters to the left of the cursor. It appears that if I want to delete characters to the right of the cursor, there is no way to do that directly and simply. Am I correct about that? I must either use a second key or I must first highlight the text and then delete it.
Using a non-Apple conventional keyboard, it is also possible to delete an entire word and one adjacent space in only two strokes by using a combination of the control key and the delete key. The same can be done in the other direction using the control key and the backspace key. How would these two types of deletion most efficiently be done with an Apple keyboard?
The reality seems to be that two keys to delete can operate more efficiently, in more directions, than only one (Apple). Do you agree that the Apple keyboard is less efficient in making deletions than the conventional keyboard when using Word software? What is the best way to get around that inefficiency in a MacBookPro? If there is no way around it, should this discourage me from getting an Apple since I do lots of word processing and deletions?
Does the Apple keyboard have any advantages over the conventional keyboard that I should be aware of?
- Asked by Robert J from Granger
- Feb 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?)
- Asked about: Apple Wireless Keyboard - English
can i use a usb port on this keyboard to connect to another computer (use two computers with one keyboard)??
i have two computers set up and i'm wondering if i buy a usb cable if i can plug the keyboard (or an older mac keyboard w. two usb ports) in and use it for two computers!! that would be SWEET!
- Asked by William P from San Francisco
- Mar 15, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a usb port on this keyboard to connect to another computer (use two computers with one keyboard)??)
Is it possible to purchase a JIS Japanese Keyboard from the UK store?
I live in the UK and would like to purchase a JIS Japanese wired Apple Keyboard. They are only listed on the Japanese Apple Store, but I would like to have one delivered to the UK. Is this possible?
- Asked by Ben C from Bath
- Oct 23, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to purchase a JIS Japanese Keyboard from the UK store?)
do audio volume keys work with mac mini
The only reason I am buying a new keyboard is for the volume control buttons (audio up, down, and mute) -- do the work with the 2014 mac mini?
- Asked by Nicholas B from Marlborough
- Nov 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (do audio volume keys work with mac mini)
Is there an Apple keyboard for an HP machine using Windows 7?
I have a one year old Mac Pro which I love. Every so often I need to use my HP computer. The HP PC keyboard isn't as nice to use as the Apple. I would like to buy the Apple wired KB for the HP. Is one made?
- Asked by James P from Roseburg
- Aug 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an Apple keyboard for an HP machine using Windows 7?)
Can I use this keyboard at work on a PC that is using Windows 7 Enterprise OS?
I love this keyboard and do not like the basic logictech keyboard that I am provided with at work. My company does not use Apple products; however, I would like to buy an Apple keyboard (wired with numeric keypad) and use it with my PC at work. Is this possible without having system adminstrator permissions on my PC?
- Asked by Mike G from St Albert
- May 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this keyboard at work on a PC that is using Windows 7 Enterprise OS?)