Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
will i be able to select a boot option such as a cd or other commands that may require me holding down the command key on a g3,g4,g5(via usb)?
i want to boot into the installer cd but on a windows keyboard and it won't let me. Also the computer is a G3 running 10.4.2 and the keyboard is wireless. I fix computers and i just wanted to know if i could use this keyboard to use boot options with other mac's. Thanks.
- Asked by Iury B from Marietta
- Aug 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (will i be able to select a boot option such as a cd or other commands that may require me holding down the command key on a g3,g4,g5(via usb)?)
how can I make the "Home" and "End" keys on the Apple Extended Keyboard work as line commands rather than Page commands?
ie pressing "Home" key makes cursor jump to beginning of current line of text, and pressing the "End" key makes cursor jump to the end of the line of text.
- Asked by Brad P from Miami
- Jul 30, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (how can I make the "Home" and "End" keys on the Apple Extended Keyboard work as line commands rather than Page commands?)
where is scroll lock command on apple extended keyboard?
- Asked by William N from Laguna Niguel
- Dec 28, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (where is scroll lock command on apple extended keyboard?)
can i use an elephant key board for mac, it has a usb hook up
- Asked by Alexander K from Edmonton
- Sep 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use an elephant key board for mac, it has a usb hook up)
Can i use a USB receiver for a wireless mouse via the keyboard ports?
- Asked by Joel A from Murfreesboro
- May 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use a USB receiver for a wireless mouse via the keyboard ports?)
Where can i buy the US English Keyboard in Europe?
I would like to buy a US Style Apple keyboard so that I have a matching key configuration between my Mac Book Pro and external keyboard.
Unfortunately the "International Keyboard" presently offered on the UK Store has some keys (return, ~, shift, \) positioned in differently which i find very annoying.
The keyboard selection for the brand new iMac's have an option for "Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad (US) and User's Guide", can anyone tell me if this keyboard is the true US style as sold in Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, USA, Canada?
Could anyone point me in the direction of a store selling the US keyboard in Europe?
- Asked by Henry M from London
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can i buy the US English Keyboard in Europe?)
can I use this keyboard with the function keys for other applications. I am trying to use with putty
I am using a program for my work and want to be able to acces it at work when I am traveling. I need to be able to use function keys like on a pc keyboard. The program responds to each of the keys and no programmng is necessary. Will this new keyboard work?
- Asked by Susan H from Richmond
- May 12, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use this keyboard with the function keys for other applications. I am trying to use with putty)
Do the function keys and special buttons also work on windows computers. And... is the USB port full powered 2.0?
I'm a windows user. I know I need to buy a Mac guys (already got the iPhone =D) But is this lovely looking keyboard also full functional for Windows? I mean, can you use all the function/special/numeric Keys?
Also I'd like to know if the USB ports on the sides of the keyboard are full powered. If I'd connect my iPhone, would it be charged?
How well does it operate in Bootcamp?
I am currently using a Logitech wireless with my I-Mac. Some of the functions don't work on the Bootcamp side of the system. Example is the eject key will not eject the cd.
- Asked by Joe S from Arrington
- Dec 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How well does it operate in Bootcamp?)
No answers yet
Can I buy a Japanese layout keyboard in the US Apple store or do I have to get a complete system for that?
When you buy a new system you have the option of selecting 1 of 4 different language layouts for the keyboard (including Japanese). Yet I cannot find the option to get a Japanese keyboard by itself on the US apple store website, is this possible?
- Asked by Corbett H from Washington
- Jan 9, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy a Japanese layout keyboard in the US Apple store or do I have to get a complete system for that?)
Is this compatible with my Retina, 13 inch, Mid 2014 Macbook running OSX 10.9.5?
I have previously purchased a secondhand one of these because I would like to use a full-sized keyboard whilst doing a lot of typing and like the feel of the Apple wired option. However, the second hand one would only work as a USB hub and not a keyboard and looking online there are many reports of these keyboards note working with MacBooks. (I did try attaching it via a hub or extension cable as some people on various forums suggested, but this didn't work for me). Thanks.
- Asked by Gwilym W
- Jun 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this compatible with my Retina, 13 inch, Mid 2014 Macbook running OSX 10.9.5?)
what key is the insert key
- Asked by Fay I from Saint Petersburg
- Jan 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (what key is the insert key)
Can I use a USB to Lightning adapter to plug the Apple Keyboard with Numeric Key Pad into a Lightning port on the back of my 2015 iMac/27 inch screen?
I have a new 2015 iMac. I just ordered the Apple keyboard with numeric key pad, as the wireless keyboard that came with the computer is limited for my needs. I am out of USB ports on the back of the computer but I do have two open Lightning ports available. Can I use a USB to Lightning adapter to plug the keyboard into one of my available Lightning ports?