Similar questions from the community
Is a mouse included with a Macbook Pro purchase?
This is in addition to the trackpad. I read some where that the mighty mouse comes with and I want to know if that is true.
- Asked by Luke M from Bethlehem
- Feb 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is a mouse included with a Macbook Pro purchase?)
I have purchased it today, but it will ship to me in 2 weeks.
I have one question though, how can i connect it to my brand new Macbook Pro?
I haven't got the magic mouse yet, so i might not know anything yet.
But i want to make sure that i know what to do so i can install it quickly.
- Asked by Andrew T from Vancouver
- Jan 8, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Magic Mouse)
can i use a mouse on macbook pro
- Asked by Willie K from Ontario
- Apr 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a mouse on macbook pro)
Can you use the Magic Mouse with the Macbook Pro 13"?
- Asked by David C from Yateley
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use the Magic Mouse with the Macbook Pro 13"?)
How much more power drain does the Magic Mouse cause to a MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse?
In a few months I'll be purchasing a MacBook Pro. I'll be setting it up as a desktop with an external HP monitor, an Apple Magic Mouse, an Apple wireless keyboard and a mini Displayport to DVI adaptor. But I'll also use it as laptop sometimes. And I'll probably bring it to school occasionally. I really don't like trackpads very much; I tend to prefer a mouse. So,when i bring it to school I'd like to use the Apple Magic Mouse so I don't need to use the trackpad. I would like to know how much more power using the Magic Mouse would draw from the MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse. I'd also like to know how long the Macbook Pro's battery would last when I'm using the Magic Mouse with it . I'm asking these questions because the Apple Magic Mouse uses Bluetooth and I know that Bluetooth uses a lot of power.
- Asked by Joshua B from Waterford
- Aug 29, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How much more power drain does the Magic Mouse cause to a MacBook Pro compared to a wired mouse?)
Does the mouse work with an Mac Pro that has no mouse software?
I have a MacBook Pro and want to use the magic mouse; however, I don't have any mouse software. If I buy the mouse and download, will it work?
- Asked by Judith M from Fairmont
- Nov 30, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the mouse work with an Mac Pro that has no mouse software?)
What is the best method and position to use the Magic Mouse?
To start, I am currently a PC user, and I hate it. PCs drive me nuts. I will be purchasing an Apple computer in the near future most likely a MacBook pro and will also purchase a large monitor so I can see it easier. So far, I'm very satisfied with Apple as I have an iPhone 4. I am very interested in this mouse and have several questions about this mouse.
Do I have to move my finger on the mouse to move the pointer, or is it like a regular mouse where I move the mouse and the pointer moves?
Since the entire top surface of the mouse is a touch screen if I hold the magic mouse like a regular mouse with my palm touching the back will that cause a problem?
I noticed on the MBP, if I tap with two fingers that is the equivalent of a right click, is that same in the magic mouse?
Thank you for answering my questions and I look forward to not having a PC anymore!!!
- Asked by David L from Belton
- May 16, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the best method and position to use the Magic Mouse?)
Can the preferences be set so that the available gestures match those on the current MacBook Pro track pad?
I recently purchased a MacBook Pro and enjoy the gestures available on the track pad. The Magic Mouse looks like a great accessory, but I'm sure it would be frustrating going back and forth between the track pad and mouse if the gestures and very different between the two. Hopefully the preference settings can be used to make them very similar.
- Asked by Patrick G from Campbell
- Oct 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the preferences be set so that the available gestures match those on the current MacBook Pro track pad?)
Can I use the Apple Magic Mouse with a new Macbook pro?
- Asked by Julio C V from Barcelona
- Jul 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Apple Magic Mouse with a new Macbook pro?)
Does the magic mouse have a case?
I travel a lot with my MacBook Pro, and I consider that using the mouse is reasonably more confortable than the integrated trackpad. I use the original case (the one in which I bought the Mouse) to protect it, but it is fairly big and the mouse can move inside.
Here comes my question:
Is there an official or unofficial case in which the Magic Mouse would snugly fit in?
- Asked by Alex L from Alboraya
- Jan 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the magic mouse have a case?)
Does the battery drain faster when a Macbook Pro is paired with a Magic Mouse?
Some devices such as cellphones drain a whole lot faster and heat up when bluetooth is left on. My concern is that I may be wasting battery life when I leave the bluetooth on for the Macbook Pro just for a wireless mouse.
- Asked by Justin P
- Mar 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the battery drain faster when a Macbook Pro is paired with a Magic Mouse?)
Will the Magic Mouse's blue tooth work well with the aluminum body of the MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Anthony C from Fort Worth
- Oct 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Magic Mouse's blue tooth work well with the aluminum body of the MacBook Pro?)