Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Does the ipad on screen keyboard have a Enter key
- Asked by Gordon G from Mechanicsville
- Jun 28, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the ipad on screen keyboard have a Enter key)
Can I still use my Macbook Pro trackpad with this keyboard?
My attached keyboard is all wonky with the r through o keys not working half the time. It's a tad pricey to get fixed so I figured to just buy the Bluetooth keyboard and keep using my Macbook's trackpad. That should work, right?
- Asked by Richard H from Hastings
- Jan 23, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I still use my Macbook Pro trackpad with this keyboard?)
Can the iPad specific keys from the iPad Keyboard Dock be remapped to the Apple wireless keyboard?
The iPad keyboard dock has keys for iPad specific features. Is that functionality completely lost when using the bluetooth keyboard?
- Asked by Frank I from Easton
- Apr 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the iPad specific keys from the iPad Keyboard Dock be remapped to the Apple wireless keyboard?)
How to remap caps-lock and control keys on the wireless keyboard when used with the iPad?
I dislike the position of the control key and finds the caps-lock key mostly useless, so the first thing I do with any keyboard on the Mac is to swap the meaning of these keys in the
OSX keyboard prefererences' modifier keys panel.
Is there a way to do the same on the iPad?
Not being able to so is pretty much a showstopper for me.
- Asked by Vuichiap L from Menlo Park
- Jul 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How to remap caps-lock and control keys on the wireless keyboard when used with the iPad?)
does the ipad have a keyboard with 10 key?
- Asked by Adam B from Juneau
- Mar 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (does the ipad have a keyboard with 10 key?)
No answers yet
Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?
I have been using a Windows desktop at home and my office. Although I have never had a laptop, I have been planning to buy an Apple laptop for use when I travel. However, I recently used an Apple and found its keyboard, in one particular way, to be inferior to the standard keyboards that I have been accustomed to using. Do you agree?
A conventional keyboard has two keys to make deletions. The backspace key deletes characters to the left of the cursor. The delete key deletes characters to the right of the cursor. In contrast, the Apple keyboard has only one key to make deletions. It is the delete key and it deletes characters to the left of the cursor. It appears that if I want to delete characters to the right of the cursor, there is no way to do that directly and simply. Am I correct about that? I must either use a second key or I must first highlight the text and then delete it.
Using a non-Apple conventional keyboard, it is also possible to delete an entire word and one adjacent space in only two strokes by using a combination of the control key and the delete key. The same can be done in the other direction using the control key and the backspace key. How would these two types of deletion most efficiently be done with an Apple keyboard?
The reality seems to be that two keys to delete can operate more efficiently, in more directions, than only one (Apple). Do you agree that the Apple keyboard is less efficient in making deletions than the conventional keyboard when using Word software? What is the best way to get around that inefficiency in a MacBookPro? If there is no way around it, should this discourage me from getting an Apple since I do lots of word processing and deletions?
Does the Apple keyboard have any advantages over the conventional keyboard that I should be aware of?
- Asked by Robert J from Granger
- Feb 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Apple keyboards, with only a delete key, less efficient in making deletions than conventional keyboards with both a backspace and a delete key?)
keying accents on a spanish keyboard.
What is the most effective way to type a letter with an accent above it on an Apple wireless Spanish Keyboard? Can fuction keys be used too?
- Asked by Roy H from Victoria
- Sep 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (keying accents on a spanish keyboard.)
Apple Bluetooth keyboard---special function keys for iPad 3?
I have seen a good answer to a question about getting a list of function keys for the Apple Bluetooth keyboard---but it seems to address only using the keyboard with a Mac (laptop). Is there a list of special function keys that work with an iPad 3? I am particularly interested in which special function keys (if any) there are that work with an iPad 3 that one could not find on a non-Apple keyboard (such as a Motorola wireless keyboard, that works fine with entering text such as letters, numbers, and symbols). In other words what---in terms of function or navigation keys---makes the Apple Bluetooth keyboard better than other Bluetooth keyboards?
- Asked by James B from Olympia
- Jul 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Bluetooth keyboard---special function keys for iPad 3?)
IS there a key you can use to backlight the wireless keyboard? Can't find it.
This would be useful is very low light conditions.
- Asked by Sandra D from Silverwater
- Jun 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (IS there a key you can use to backlight the wireless keyboard? Can't find it.)
Does the wireless keyboard have the special buttons that are used with the ipad such as to adjust volume, screen brightness like the keyboard dock.
Is there an option to change keyboard input to Polytonic (ie, ancient) Greek when using with iPad?
My trusty MacBook allows me easily to switch between UK English and Polytonic Greek keyboards when writing, but the on-screen keyboard on my iPad does not. My purchase of an iPad keyboard depends on this feature.
- Asked by Susannah B
- Jan 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there an option to change keyboard input to Polytonic (ie, ancient) Greek when using with iPad?)
Where can I find a list of all the functions of the keys of the keyboard?
This is completely new to me, and I still don't know what functions are performed by the function, control, option or command keys. I'd like a cheat sheet with all of them listed. Do I have to buy a book?
- Asked by Solveig E from Eugene
- Mar 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I find a list of all the functions of the keys of the keyboard?)
is there an online manual for the electric keyboard?
The keyboard works fine but I do not know what the function keys are and using them does not tell me. There are a few other keys that I can't identify. An actual manual would be helpful.
- Asked by Ronald H from Richboro
- May 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (is there an online manual for the electric keyboard?)
Is there a case/cover for key board?
I gave my husband the Apple key board with the IPad2. He loves it but would like to be able to take it with him. Do you have a case available for your keyboard so it can be portable?
- Asked by Kay B from Fairfield
- Jan 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a case/cover for key board?)
Are there keyboard shortcuts for IPad 3 and the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard?
Such as pressing FN+UP ARROW to scroll up FN+DOWN ARROW to scroll down and other key commands to make the use of the keyboard simpler and more effective.
- Asked by Caitlin D from East Northport
- Feb 21, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Are there keyboard shortcuts for IPad 3 and the Apple Bluetooth Keyboard?)