Similar questions from the community
How do I switch applications with the Magic Trackpad?
I use a four finger sweep, however I do not know how to select the application I desire. (short of moving the pointer) Is there a Trackpad command?
- Asked by Kent H from Ann Arbor
- Jan 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I switch applications with the Magic Trackpad?)
resizing screen with trackpad
I can't figure out how to resize my screen using the trackpad like I can using the mouse by clicking on the bottom right hand corner and moving the mouse. Anyone know how to do this with the trackpad?
- Asked by Jill B from The Villages
- Jan 2, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (resizing screen with trackpad)
Does the Magic Trackpad work with multiple monitors?
With a mouse, I have to drag the mouse around to get to the second monitor. I would imagine that the whole trackpad would map to the size of both screens, but would this cause it to be a little harder to control? Or less precise?
- Asked by Vincent A from Johnston
- Jul 29, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the Magic Trackpad work with multiple monitors?)
Can I write Chinese character on a Magic Trackpad?
I am using an iMac with a magic mouse. Looking if i should upgrade my mouse to a trackpad... Would really like to input traditional Chinese characters onto my iMac like how everyone is inputting theirs, including myself, into our phones just by writing with our fingers onto the smart phones' screens. Can I do the same by writing on the Magic Trackpad or what would be the solution, please?
- Asked by Roderick T from Victoria
- Apr 19, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I write Chinese character on a Magic Trackpad?)
What do I use for cleaning the trackpad? I use iKlean for the screen, keyboard, and case of my MacBook Pro, but labeling states "avoid trackpad"
iKlean, sold in Apple stores, works great removing oily smudges from fingers, so I've also been using it on the trackpad. I'm hoping this hasn't compromised the sensitivity or anything else that could cause damage to a brand-new laptop. Suggestions?
- Asked by James C from San Diego
- Mar 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I use for cleaning the trackpad? I use iKlean for the screen, keyboard, and case of my MacBook Pro, but labeling states "avoid trackpad")
Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?
Based on my research - pinch/zoom, other advanced multi-touch functions are gone but simple click to select & pointer functions work. But can I still use tap to select? Vertical &/or Horizontal Scroll? Adjust tap sensitivity & cursor speed?
Need trackpad instead of a mouse to deal with RSI (repetitive stress injury on click finger) – there aren’t that many to pick from & have really mixed reviews. No doubt this one is the best for mac, but not sure about in Windows. I don't need the most advanced functions, but have to be able to switch to the tap to select and adjust some basic sensitivity settings.
I went to the store to ask but the people there didn't even know there was a driver out for PC / Windows...Please help!
- Asked by Heather B from The Woodlands
- Jul 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a Magic Trackpad on a PC / Windows 7 - exactly what functionality will remain?)
How well does this work with Photoshop? And Dual screens...?
Is the trackpad sensitive enough to us as something in between a mouse and a graphics tablet? Also how well does it work for spanning over a dual screen set up?
- Asked by Ben S
- Aug 17, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How well does this work with Photoshop? And Dual screens...?)
can i use trackpad in minecraft
Unable to play the game Minecraft with trackpad...am i doing something wrong?
- Asked by Beverly C from East Longmeadow
- Dec 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use trackpad in minecraft)
how is a trackpad turned off?
- Asked by Jim A. D from Glen Ellen
- Jul 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (how is a trackpad turned off?)
Can you scroll up and down on the Magic Trackpad as in the powerbook trackpad?
- Asked by Adriana S from Naucalpan
- Nov 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you scroll up and down on the Magic Trackpad as in the powerbook trackpad?)
Is the new trackpad easier to use than the original trackpad ?
- Asked by Jeffrey S from Katy
- Jul 30, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the new trackpad easier to use than the original trackpad ?)
Can I mount it vertically?
I would like to use it in a classroom that has an interactive whiteboard (Epson BrightLink). While it seems the trackpad is intended for a horizontal orientation, I can see vertically mounting it next to the projecting screen to have the gestures capability. Would this type of mounting work? And, any ideas how to do it so as not to damage the trackpad?
- Asked by Gregory R from Arlington
- May 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I mount it vertically?)
Has anyone used this to do a presentation?
It would seem perfect for remote screen control of a presentation. I often present in Personal Brain and no remote could possibly work since it is non linear and you have to control a pointer. It forces me to me near the podium or computer. And a mouse will not work if I am standing. This could be fantastic for moving around after I attach a handhold loop to the back. Anyone tried presenting?
- Asked by Robert M from Chesapeake
- Aug 1, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone used this to do a presentation?)
does anyone have experience of a magic mouse scrolling thru pages in InDesign (pretty much) on it's own? this trackpad may be just what we need!
trackpad with InDesign
- Asked by James B from Teddington
- Jul 30, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does anyone have experience of a magic mouse scrolling thru pages in InDesign (pretty much) on it's own? this trackpad may be just what we need!)