Similar questions from the community
Can trackpad be programed to track with two fingers
At 60yo my fingers are not as nimble as they once were. I'm really having trouble tracking with one finger and would like to know if there is a way to configure to reverse the one and two finger options?
- Asked by Stuart C from Fort Morgan
- Nov 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can trackpad be programed to track with two fingers)
Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?
I am currently running a stock 21.5 " i5 iMac 4GB RAM and notice that I only max out about 2.50 Gb or so memory when multitasking and using the system normally.
I recently purchased a magic trackpad which I have had replaced by Apple as my old one was faulty and have found that in one spot of the trackpad I get slight cursor delay.
This was the exact same problem (there were other problems also with my old one) that happened with my previous trackpad so I'm starting to think this now must be a software fault.
Unless there are any issues with mountain lion (I'm running the latest version) that I'm not aware of the only other explanation I can think of is the RAM.
Would RAM have an effect on cursor delay on a trackpad? I find it hard to believe I've had two trackpads with the same issue and it has been in the exact same place (In the bottom right hand corner of the pad)
Would upgrading my RAM to 8GB have any effect?
Any thoughts on the issue?
(I was also thinking it may be related to the notification centre gesture in some way as you have to swipe with two fingers from the right to active this)
- Asked by Jonathan H
- Oct 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Would my iMacs RAM effect tracking speed/lag when using the magic trackpad?)
Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands
On the MBP which has the same trackpad, I have to click on one corner with my finger of one hand and with my other hand I can drag either to highlight several items or drag and drop items or both. If you look the TrackPad options in the System Preference... it is called Secondary Click under One Finger. The reason I ask is the location of the trackpad would be on the right or left of the keyboard rather than in front if it were to replace the mouse. How does one achieve the Secondary Click with one hand?
- Asked by Brad K from Maple Grove
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands)
Best signature software for trackpad?
What software program is best so I can create a signature or written message with my track pad and mac?
- Asked by Maureen C from Haymarket
- Nov 16, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Best signature software for trackpad?)
Will two track pads working on two different computers in the same room interfere with each other?
My husband and I would both like to upgrade to the new Lion operating system, but our desktop computer keyboards do not have track pads built into them. If we were to buy two of these new Magic trackpads, would they interfere with each other when we were both using our computers at the same time? (Computers are side by side....)
- Asked by Verla K from Tekoa
- Aug 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will two track pads working on two different computers in the same room interfere with each other?)
How many fingers can the trackpad detect?
I have a macbook pro 15 inch , and I'm just curious how many fingers can the trackapds detect. I'm assuming that the trackpad on my macbook is pretty much the same as the magic trackpad.
- Asked by Veselin V from Plovdiv
- Jul 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How many fingers can the trackpad detect?)
Two Magic Trackpads: one for cursor, one as numeric?
I'd like to have a wireless keyboard (that I have) and a Magic Trackpad (ditto), but I'd also need a numeric pad as one of my key programs (Vectorworks) needs it.
There is a nasty piece of plastic for the last purpose, but I wonder if I could have a Mobee Magic Numpad in a second Magic TP simultaneously.
- Asked by Petri S from Helsinki
- Feb 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Two Magic Trackpads: one for cursor, one as numeric?)
What does the "Secondary Tap" function accomplish?
In the System Prefs for "Trackpad", checkbox "Secondary Tap" is available under "Two Fingers". What does it do when checked?
- Asked by Stefan L from Chicago
- Nov 26, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What does the "Secondary Tap" function accomplish?)
Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?
I use SketchUp and use a two-button and scroll-wheel/button mouse. The center wheel controls zoom, but is also a button and when clicked controls orbit/pan/etc. Major workflow requirement. Does the Magicpad emulate this in any way?
ALSO! Majorly important for using the pad with one hand.. My Win laptop has a feature/option (in accessibility options, I believe) that allows you to double-tap to grab a window or object, and the grab locks the click-down action until you click a second time to release it. i.e. You can double tap to start a drag, then pick up your finger and move the item as necessary, then tap again to finish the move. no need to hold your thumb and twist your hand around to move the other finger. I use this a lot. Is this an option as well?
- Asked by Don E from Portland
- Jun 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Emulating mouse scroll wheel and wheel button click? And.. Trackpad click-lock for dragging with one finger?)
Handwriting on the track pad?
Can a finger or pen be used to write?
- Asked by Peter M from Lakewood
- Jan 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Handwriting on the track pad?)
Customizing the gestures on Magic Trackpad - Can I change the pinch function to close a window rather than its usual function (Launch Pad?
I open and close multiple windows of Safari, & PDFs during my work day. It would be nice to be able to just use the pinch function to close the window rather than drag the finger across the track pad to find the little red button at the top left hand corner of the window and click it. In short can we customize the gestures on the track pad?
Thanks in Advance!
- Asked by Venunath M from Bartlett
- Oct 15, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Customizing the gestures on Magic Trackpad - Can I change the pinch function to close a window rather than its usual function (Launch Pad?)
I have No trackpad shown in System preferences, how can I pair my Track Pad?
I have upgraded my software to OX 6.4 and there is no Trackpad shown in system preferences
- Asked by Alan C from Makawao
- Oct 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have No trackpad shown in System preferences, how can I pair my Track Pad?)
How do I switch applications with the Magic Trackpad?
I use a four finger sweep, however I do not know how to select the application I desire. (short of moving the pointer) Is there a Trackpad command?
- Asked by Kent H from Ann Arbor
- Jan 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I switch applications with the Magic Trackpad?)
can I buy a protector for the trackpad?
My cursor is jumping around while trying to use my track pad. I read I can use a teflon appliqué to help this. Do you sell these?
- Asked by Diane S from Livermore
- Aug 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can I buy a protector for the trackpad?)
No answers yet
Is it possible to adjust the trackpad for touch size?
I have large fingers from working many years with my hands in manual trades. My fingers are also not as flexible as they once were. The problem is that the trackpad interprets my touch as a double touch about half the time. I am often getting information menus or unexpected results when I drag and click on something, instead of the single touch drag or click response. This is especially a problem editing photos in iPhoto. This should be correctable - i..e. the trackpad should "learn" a user's finger touch size and adapt, but it does not, and I have not found a way to make it do so. The suggestions I received from Apple store geniuses are always that I need to arch my fingers more. Not possible for me. Is there any other solution?
- Asked by David E from Corral De Tierra
- Nov 11, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to adjust the trackpad for touch size?)
trackpad and Mac mini
I have purchased a Trackpad and it will not work with my mac mini.
the mini says software is up to date but the track pad requires OSX 10.6 my mini is supposedly up to date with 10.5.
what can I do to get my trackpad to work
- Asked by Paul M from West Vancouver
- Nov 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (trackpad and Mac mini)
At the store I found the track pad hard to click and once clicked I could no longer move my finger. Is the pressure needed to click it adjustable?
- Asked by Russell H from Glastonbury
- Aug 7, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (At the store I found the track pad hard to click and once clicked I could no longer move my finger. Is the pressure needed to click it adjustable?)