Similar questions from the community
I've seen two different model numbers, what's the difference?
- Asked by Brent F from Marshall
- Feb 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I've seen two different model numbers, what's the difference?)
Will two track pads working on two different computers in the same room interfere with each other?
My husband and I would both like to upgrade to the new Lion operating system, but our desktop computer keyboards do not have track pads built into them. If we were to buy two of these new Magic trackpads, would they interfere with each other when we were both using our computers at the same time? (Computers are side by side....)
- Asked by Verla K from Tekoa
- Aug 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Will two track pads working on two different computers in the same room interfere with each other?)
Does Trackpad work on 2 different OSX connected to the same iMac?
I did install an external HDD with a second OSX. I notice the trackpad works on the OSX which discovered it first. It can not be coupled through both envirronements
- Asked by Thierry S
- May 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Trackpad work on 2 different OSX connected to the same iMac?)
Can you connect the Magic Trackpad to an external power source? eg. USB.
I know the Magic Trackpad runs on two AA batteries, but is there a way to connect it to a different power source such as an adapter or a USB cable so as to not have to worry about the batteries running out/having to recharge and replace them?
- Asked by Thomas L from Burnaby
- Aug 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect the Magic Trackpad to an external power source? eg. USB.)
Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?
I have a Late 2007 MacBook (3,1) and I've always been interested in the multi-touch gestures featured in the later models, such as using 3 and 4-finger dragging or inertia scrolling, and my interest has risen even greater with the prominent use of them in OS X Lion. So I was wondering whether it is possible to use these multi-touch gestures if I bought a Magic Trackpad. Would these 3 and 4 finger gestures now work with my MacBook using the Magic Trackpad, or is it just impossible to access these functions without upgrading to a later Mac model? I have 10.6.6 currently, so I assume that I already have that Magic Trackpad and Multi-Touch Trackpad Update 1.0 installed. Thanks in advance.
- Asked by Ivo M
- Jun 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the multi-touch features of the Magic Trackpad work on older MacBook models?)
Does it come with rechargeable batteries?
I've seen various unboxings of people who have bought their iMac's with the added trackpad AND rechargeable batteries + charger, and they've generally received a set of 2 rechargeable batteries inside the keyboard, mouse, and trackpad, as well as an extra 2 in the charger. So would you need to buy them in a bundle like that to receive the extra 2 batteries?
- Asked by Michael G
- Aug 4, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it come with rechargeable batteries?)
do i have to turn my mac mini off, i have seen on some forums thatthere is no need to but i would like to check first so i do not damage my device?
Can trackpad be programed to track with two fingers
At 60yo my fingers are not as nimble as they once were. I'm really having trouble tracking with one finger and would like to know if there is a way to configure to reverse the one and two finger options?
- Asked by Stuart C from Fort Morgan
- Nov 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can trackpad be programed to track with two fingers)
are you able to invert the x and y axis's?
i have a black macbook.
im wondering if it would be possible to change the settings so that i can use the pad in a different way..
i would like to be able to use it but placing it over the top of my current track pad. i see this being easiest by turning the pad around so the battery rail is closest to the user and the (bottom) of the pad is almost touching the spacebar..
i also believe this would keep the track pad more level.
- Asked by Stephen K from Delano
- Aug 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (are you able to invert the x and y axis's?)
why is magic trackpad better than the large pad built into my new macbook pro?
I'm trying to decide between a magic mouse and the magic trackpad. I have some frustrations with the built in pad and thought the mouse would solve those problems, but in reading other responses to questions now I'm not so sure. So, what is the difference between the magic trackpad and the 3"x4" built in pad?
- Asked by Pam R from Huntington Woods
- Feb 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (why is magic trackpad better than the large pad built into my new macbook pro?)
Can it have BOTH custom right click AND custom double click (in addition to single click)?
My main application requires lots of left button clicking, double clicking and right button clicking. These are variously combined with dragging. You can imagine the many different combinations not possible (or very tiring) with a standard mouse. I'm currently using the four-button Kensington Turbo Mouse. Would the MTP be a good replacement?
- Asked by Kenneth C from Rodeo
- Mar 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it have BOTH custom right click AND custom double click (in addition to single click)?)
do you need two hands to operate like the mbp.
With the mbp you need two hands to operate it correctly. What about the new trackpad when you click and drag an icon can you do this with one hand like you can with a mouse (one hand).
- Asked by Paul F from Maribyrnong
- Aug 10, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need two hands to operate like the mbp.)
How can I use this with a KVM switch controlling a MacPro and two Mac Mini's?
Seems unless this will connect to an external Bluetooth dongle (connected to my KVM switch) then it is forced to work with only one Mac.
- Asked by William Q from Durham
- Jul 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I use this with a KVM switch controlling a MacPro and two Mac Mini's?)
Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands
On the MBP which has the same trackpad, I have to click on one corner with my finger of one hand and with my other hand I can drag either to highlight several items or drag and drop items or both. If you look the TrackPad options in the System Preference... it is called Secondary Click under One Finger. The reason I ask is the location of the trackpad would be on the right or left of the keyboard rather than in front if it were to replace the mouse. How does one achieve the Secondary Click with one hand?
- Asked by Brad K from Maple Grove
- Jul 28, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Secondary click? Click to Drag with two fingers of both hands)
Two Magic Trackpads: one for cursor, one as numeric?
I'd like to have a wireless keyboard (that I have) and a Magic Trackpad (ditto), but I'd also need a numeric pad as one of my key programs (Vectorworks) needs it.
There is a nasty piece of plastic for the last purpose, but I wonder if I could have a Mobee Magic Numpad in a second Magic TP simultaneously.
- Asked by Petri S from Helsinki
- Feb 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Two Magic Trackpads: one for cursor, one as numeric?)
can track pad be configured to act like a number pad?
i'm a finance guy and really, really appreciate having a number pad on my keyboard. apple has been moving away from number pads and there are no 3rd party ones available (at least none up to apple standards). plus i'd find it very useful to have a trackpad / number pad to use with my macbook when i'm on the road. it must be possible to programme something like this and then supply a simple foil with the relevant keys marked on it?
- Asked by Nicholas S
- May 3, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can track pad be configured to act like a number pad?)
Does one Magic Track Pad work with the Mac Pro which is connected to two monitors?
I am a photographer who uses two monitors (one Apple and one NEC) at the same time with my Mac Pro. I have been using a large Wacom tablet to navigate both screens but have been told that the Track Pad might accomplish the same functionality.
- Asked by Patricia M from Portola Valley
- Sep 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Does one Magic Track Pad work with the Mac Pro which is connected to two monitors?)