Similar questions from the community
Can you hide the SSID of the network?
Is it possible to hide the SSID of the network that you create with the express base station so that it cannot be seen on the network list?
- Asked by Robert M
- Jun 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you hide the SSID of the network?)
I am running an Airport Time Capsule along with an Airport Extreme to extend my wireless network in my home. I have a fish tank control module (Neptune's Apex Controller) that I would like to add to my wireless network. This product does not have wireless capabilities, but you can connect it to a wireless game adaptor and go wireless from there? Would an additional airport express work for me?
- Asked by Joe C from Rehoboth
- Aug 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (network extender)
No answers yet
is this a wireless network?
- Asked by Aleisha L from San Bernardino
- Jul 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is this a wireless network?)
No Internet network in our RV?
Can we set up a network in our RV, with a airport express and AppleTV? We will not have internet access at the campground, but want to use Airplay from our iOS devices. Is this possible without an Internet connection?
- Asked by Jason C from Hebron
- Mar 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (No Internet network in our RV?)
No answers yet
can you use a separate password for guest network
meaning, i want to enable my guest on Airport express, can I use a different password for that?
- Asked by Linda G from Eau Claire
- Jan 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use a separate password for guest network)
Can you connect a superdrive to this and share it over the network?
Wanting to access a superdrive wirelessly from multiple devices and wondering if this will work.
- Asked by Andrew H from Nacogdoches
- Jun 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you connect a superdrive to this and share it over the network?)
Can I extend my FIOS network with the AirPort Express?
I lose my FIOS wifi signal in some parts of my house. Could I use the AirPort Express to extend the network?
- Asked by Dylan J
- Apr 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend my FIOS network with the AirPort Express?)
Can i use the express to extend the network of my school's wifi?
I have free wifi on my macBook from my school. But the school's wifi does not reach my whole appartment. Can i extend the wireless internet by using the express so that it will reach the rest of my appartment?
Is it able to extend a network, where i don't have the modem or ethernet cable to. All i have is wifi in my bedroom and would like to extend it about 20 feet to my living room. Thanks!
- Asked by Elijah A from San Jose
- Aug 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use the express to extend the network of my school's wifi?)
Can this be used as a wireless router for a home network?
I am interested in buying this but before i do i need to know. I am gathering that it can be but it would be nice to have yes or no answer and not a maybe before i buy one. Thank You
- Asked by Joshua W from Sweet Springs
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used as a wireless router for a home network?)
Can an airport express extend my private and also guest network
I already have an airport express, with a private and guest network
I want to know if I buy another airport extreme, can it extend my private and guest network.
- Asked by Albert C from San Diego
- Sep 5, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can an airport express extend my private and also guest network)
Can both ethernet ports be used when extending or joining an existing network?
The only limitation I have with the current generation of Airport Express is the fact that I can only plug in one wired device when using it to extend or join a current network. If someone gets one of these and has an existing network, could you please find out if both ports are usable or if you need to buy an external hub to connect 2 wired devices to the network.
- Asked by Julian A from Gilbert
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can both ethernet ports be used when extending or joining an existing network?)
Networking an AV receiver via Airport express
I have a Yamaha AV Receiver that is networkable via a Ethernet port, can the airport express receive my wireless internet and feed it to the receiver via the Ethernet port on the unit ?
- Asked by Stephen J from Melbourne
- Dec 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Networking an AV receiver via Airport express)
No answers yet
Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?
I have a Verizon-supplied Actiontec router, which is in one room in the house. I'd like to put the Airport Express int the living room, connect it to the stereo for Airplay AND extend the Wireless Network of the ActionTec router, is this possible?
- Asked by Yonah W from White Plains
- Sep 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this Extend the Network of my Verizon FIOS ActionTec Router?)
Can I extend the range of a Belkin-based wifi network?
Where I live we have a wifi network with a Belkin modem. The signal is very weak in my area. Could a new Airport be used to extend the range? I have an older Airport Express and Airport, but when I have tried to use them to accomplish this, it seems they are not compatible with non-Apple modems. Is the new Airport Express different in this regard?
- Asked by Vicki P
- Jun 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend the range of a Belkin-based wifi network?)
Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy
I have a wifi network in my house, powered by a wireless router next to my telephone socket.
In a totally different room, I have some ipod speakers and a sky box next to each other. The existing wifi signal is strong here.
What I want to do is:
1) Play music from iPhone iTunes over wifi to the existing speakers and
2) Connect my sky box to the internet via its Ethernet port.
Can I do this using a AirPort Express Base Station?
- Asked by William J
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Existing wifi network - connection to speakers and sky boy)
Can I extend a network with CAT5 and AirPort Express?
I have an AirPort Time Capsule and an AirPort Express - and a really odd house. There is a bonus room above the garage that is not line-of-sight with anywhere that I can place the TC, so I can't get WiFi up there. I DO have CAT5 run to all rooms of the house and can make the connection from living room to bonus room through those wires. Am I able to go from a LAN port on the TC and connect that to the WAN port on the Express and use that to extend the network?
- Asked by Adam R from Mifflin
- Dec 31, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend a network with CAT5 and AirPort Express?)
Will the Airport Express extend the guest network of an Airport Extreme?
- Asked by Anthony M from Albuquerque
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the Airport Express extend the guest network of an Airport Extreme?)
Can i still use this as a wireless access point to an existing network?
i am looking to turn a single ethernet connection in my dorm room to a wireless hotspot, i am almost positive the old airport express could do this but can this new model do it as well?
- Asked by Brandon B from Sheboygan Falls
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i still use this as a wireless access point to an existing network?)