Similar questions from the community
What is the range of the new airport express? I typically do presentations across the street at a meeting room that does not have wirless.
I can see my office window from the building I do my presentations in. I'm hoping i can set up an airport exprss in my window and get to my computer for internet presentations. I know you can't give gurantees but what is the distance rating on the new improved modle?
- Asked by Frank W from Seabeck
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the range of the new airport express? I typically do presentations across the street at a meeting room that does not have wirless.)
Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?
I currently use the old Airport Express to extend my wireless network broadcasted from my Time Capsule 2nd generation.
Unfortunately, the room I have my Airport Express in, which has poor service to the Time Capsule directly, is not always within working range.
If I upgraded my Airport Express to the newer unit, should I expect to see a NOTICEABLE improvement in coverage range?
I'm specifically asking those users who have used both; do you notice a significant improvement worthy of spending $100 on upgrading my device, keeping in mind this is really only so I can get strong WiFi extended from my Time Capsule and have it more reliable than the extended signal I currently have from the older Airport Express.
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?)
Will the range on the new Airport Express be stronger than the previous model?
Due to my cable companies decision, my connection box & Airport Express is located in a closet. I sometimes struggle to get a signal everywhere in my condo, which is not very large to begin with.
- Asked by Dennis M from Bloomington
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the range on the new Airport Express be stronger than the previous model?)
Is this different from the 2 Airport Express units I already have that plug right into the wall to extend my Airport Extreme's wifi signal?
The two that I already have plug right into the wall & work great (and are out of sight). This new one seems like it needs to be plugged in with a cord. The cord is a problem, I was planning on putting one in every room, but cords all over the place would present a domestic issue.
- Asked by Dale F from Huntington Beach
- Jun 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this different from the 2 Airport Express units I already have that plug right into the wall to extend my Airport Extreme's wifi signal?)
What is the range the Express Base?
Live in 1,000 sq. ft. home ranch. Will this suffice or is the other Airport station recommended?
- Asked by Ricardo H from Thornton
- Dec 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the range the Express Base?)
What is the power voltage range for the AirPort Express?
In my country we have 220V AC, usually all products can work with a 110-240 V AC, but this one, does not specify anything in the manual nor the product. Thanks
- Asked by Francisco E from Lima
- Jun 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the power voltage range for the AirPort Express?)
Can I extend the range of a Belkin-based wifi network?
Where I live we have a wifi network with a Belkin modem. The signal is very weak in my area. Could a new Airport be used to extend the range? I have an older Airport Express and Airport, but when I have tried to use them to accomplish this, it seems they are not compatible with non-Apple modems. Is the new Airport Express different in this regard?
- Asked by Vicki P
- Jun 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend the range of a Belkin-based wifi network?)
will airport express improve the strength and range of my verizon router?
My wi-fi signal often drops out -- overpowered by a neighbor's signal.
If I buy and connect an airport express will this solve the strength and range problem I"m experiencing?
If yes, how hard is it to connect and operationalize?
- Asked by Kay H from Rockville
- Jul 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will airport express improve the strength and range of my verizon router?)
Will gaming consoles be easy to configure while using the Airport Express as a wifi extender?
I was planning on getting an Airport Express to strengthen the range in a specific room in the house; for the most part, I have a pretty reliable signal majority of the time, but on bad days it gets quite annoying. I was wondering if it would be a good investment for my gaming consoles (PS4/PS3) so I can reduce the chances of experiencing lag. I would really appreciate some feedback!
- Asked by Joy E from Tuscaloosa
- May 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will gaming consoles be easy to configure while using the Airport Express as a wifi extender?)
Use AirPort Express (dual band) as base station with older Time Capsule (single band) as range extender?
Can I use a new AirPort Express (dual band) as my primary base station in place of my older Time Capsule (single band), then use the Time Capsule to extend the range of the Airport Express? Would this give me use of both bands from the Express for my other devices? Would wireless Time Machine backups to the Time Capsule still function with this setup (via the Express)? Are there any other implications?
- Asked by Michael S from Brooklyn
- Nov 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Use AirPort Express (dual band) as base station with older Time Capsule (single band) as range extender?)
How do I change from airport express first generation to new airport express base station (second generation)?
I currently have the 1st gen airport express plugged into the wall and connected to our cable (wired) router via the ethernet port. It provides a wireless network to our two computers in other rooms of the house. The coverage is OK, but it occasionally is slow and/or briefly loses the wireless connection.
I recently bought the second generation airport express base station with the two ports (Ethernet and WAN), and I want to switch over to the new APExpress. My questions are: 1) In what order should I do things? (eg unplug the old APExpress before plugging in the new APExpress base station, or vice versa) and 2) In which port on the new APExpress should I plug the cable from the router into, the Ethernet port or the WAN port?
One last question: Does it make any sense to connect both APExpresses to the router, i.e. connect 1st gen airport express to ethernet port of new APExpress base station, and connect the new APexpress base station to the router via the WAN port?
As you can tell by my questions, I'm not a very techhie kind of guy, so please make the answer simple:-)
- Asked by Steven G from Yokohama
- Apr 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I change from airport express first generation to new airport express base station (second generation)?)
Does it expand a wireless signal/range, other than Airport, time capsule or airport express?
I use a Q1000 modem for CenturyLink and was wondering if it can expand the wireless range on this model.
- Asked by Chris P from Herriman
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it expand a wireless signal/range, other than Airport, time capsule or airport express?)
Is Airport Express an extension of my home WiFi? Douse it increase the signal strength of my home WiFi of the room that I put Airport Express in?
- Asked by Chris J from Vacaville
- Feb 25, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Airport Express an extension of my home WiFi? Douse it increase the signal strength of my home WiFi of the room that I put Airport Express in?)
Can the Airport Express use a cell phone "hotspot"?
While sailing in Puget Sound, I use my cell phone "hot Spot" for a wireless access point. However the range is limited. Could an Airport Express use the hotspot as the "Source" network and extend it?
- Asked by Arnie H from Bremerton
- Nov 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express use a cell phone "hotspot"?)
What is the apple airport express
I really would like to know what u have to do to set up create a new wireless thing
- Asked by Julian C from Las Vegas
- Nov 9, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the apple airport express)
No answers yet
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)