Similar questions from the community
Can I send photos to a hard drive from iPad using airport express?
- Asked by Paul Nancy V from Toledo
- Feb 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I send photos to a hard drive from iPad using airport express?)
can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?
I'm using airplay to play a video to a projector but the audio is located elsewhere, so is it possible to send the video to the projector via apple tv and then the audio to an airport express to come out some PA speakers?
- Asked by Matthew T
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?)
Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?
I have a New Sony TV which has built in WiFi. Does the Airport extreme support streaming with this TV.
Have an older Airport Extreme, one band, 2ghz and it does not stream fast enough. Keeps loosing connection, has to stop and load the content.
Want to purchase a new Airport with 2 & 5 ghz speeds and dual bands, but only if it supports fast steamless streaming.
- Asked by Kathleen K from Charlevoix
- Dec 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Airport Express support the new TVs which have built in WiFi for streaming content such as Netflix?)
Airport express or apple tv
The apple Tv and Airport express are the same price but the Apple Tv does more.
Should i buy an Apple tv to stream my music to my stereo in the other room ?
Or should i buy a Airport express ?
Does the Airport express have more faetures that the Apple TV doesn't have ?
I currently have
I just want to be ablle to stream music tto the stereo's i have through my Two storry house
I just purchaced the Airport Express but i'm now thinking i should of bought another Apple TV ?
- Asked by David C from Kingsley
- May 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express or apple tv)
Can AirPort Express be used to link devices such as iMac, iPad, AppleTV etc... WITHOUT ANY INTERNET CONNECTION?
I want to create a wireless network in my home for my apple devices, but do not want to connect them to the internet (at this stage). Will AirPort Express allow me to stream music & video held on my iMac on my TV via AppleTV?
- Asked by Tom B from Adelaide
- Feb 5, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can AirPort Express be used to link devices such as iMac, iPad, AppleTV etc... WITHOUT ANY INTERNET CONNECTION?)
Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?
I currently have an airport extreme, which is very good at getting range throughout my very long unit (about 30 meters.)
I have my TV, XBOX, PC down one end.. and my iMac is down the other end. I had the Extreme set up in the middle of the house. So it turns out, my xbox360 along with the NBA App wont give me HD unless its plugged in, even if the wireless Extreme unit is sitting 5 inches away from the XBOX360 (I tested this). Highlights work fine, but actual games - na.
So I though I would move the extreme in the room with the XBOX 360 etc in it..
Anyway, surprisingly, down the other end of the house, the iMac works on the internet fine! The iPhone 5 also works well.(checked with speediest and can confirm that the iphone lost less than 10% at the end of the house! impressive :-) ) BUT when I look at the iMac network connection, it says the transmit signal is only 27 down from around 217. The internet is fine, but youtube has taken a hit.
My dilemma then, is that I need the printer connected to a wireless device so everything including our laptops can print. I also would not mind extending the range back out for the iMac.
So I am considering the Express to put in the middle of the house.
1) If I have my modem plugged into the extreme, I assume I can use the express as an extender?
2) Can I plug the printer into the Extender, or in this case, the little express which will be used as an extender?
I sort of dont want the printer near the TV due to room issues, and would like to bring back the super quickness of the internet to the iMac.. Im not so fussed about the internet for the iMac, as its only YouTube which has taken a hit, everything else works great, which is amazing at such a long range. (almost 100 feet)
- Asked by Dennis K from Mosman
- Nov 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Technical network question: can I use the Express with my current Airport Extreme, as a repeater with printer connected?)
using Xbox 360 and iMac
is this the proper device for the following network:
>one Mac (late-model 27" iMac) in the room with the AirPort Express
>one Xbox 360 in a different room
>connection to cable internet via a standard router (furnished by cable provider, working as a wired setup for the iMac now )
and a follow-up question:
Is there any chance this wireless net will interfere with any wireless connections in the house, such as the Mac keyboard or mouse, the Xbox controller or a wireless home phone? I assume the frequencies are very different.
- Asked by Wayne S from Sun City
- Feb 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (using Xbox 360 and iMac)
Can I use an AirPort Express with a WD 6TB My Book Thunderbolt Duo Dual-Drive Storage System and a Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter?
To stream music using iTunes. Both when iMac is on and using iPhone or iPad when iMac is off.
Does the AirPort Express Base Station support "Wake on Demand" (Bonjour Sleep Proxy)?
Providing the wireless network is hosted by airport express, will I be able to wake my imac (2013) to access itunes library from my apple tv?
- Asked by Joachim F
- Apr 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the AirPort Express Base Station support "Wake on Demand" (Bonjour Sleep Proxy)?)
Will Airport Express Base station substitute for my removed Airport card?
If I buy the Airport Express Base station will it replace the airport card which was removed from my Imac as it was causing problem and let me use the Wifi. At the moment I am using a wired connection to me modem.
I am running OS 10.6.
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM41.0055.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.1f5
Serial Number (system): CK62106MU2S
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0016CB861618
- Asked by Paul R
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Airport Express Base station substitute for my removed Airport card?)
Can i use my airport express to both extend my network and connect a printer for wireless printing at the same time or do i need two airport expresses
I have an airport express hooked up to a printer in my office which is located a considerable distance from my base station and I have an IMac in my office as well. I was hoping that the airport express could be configured to extend my network as well as be used to connect the printer to the network. When I go to configure it it is more of an either one or the other proposition by asking me if I want to do one or the other during the set up. Do I need two airport expresses if I want to do both things?
- Asked by Kevin M from Ridgewood
- Jun 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use my airport express to both extend my network and connect a printer for wireless printing at the same time or do i need two airport expresses)
can airport express connect to televsion with ethernet
My Samsung tv has an ethernet port, can I connect the tv to the new airport express?
- Asked by William K from Poland
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport express connect to televsion with ethernet)
Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?
My intention is to stream the music in my I-Mac or I-Phone to my Bose Wave radio which has an input stereo mini audio jack using the Airport Express. Will it be possible? Which audio cable should I buy? Thanks a lot for your help.
- Asked by Fernando D from Weston
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?)
Does airport express have digital input?
Does the airport express have a digital input as well as analogue input? I want to connect to my digital surround sound system with optical cable, is this possible with airport express or will i need to buy apple tv unit? Cheers guys
- Asked by James D
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does airport express have digital input?)
I have the US version. Can it be used in the United Kingdom 220volt using a 220 volt adapter?
Airport express base station
- Asked by Peter T from Lancaster
- Jan 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the US version. Can it be used in the United Kingdom 220volt using a 220 volt adapter?)
can I use airport express with sonos?
I have an imac on which I use itunes. I bought a sonos 5 but discovered later I have to transfer music from itunes/spotify to the sonos music library before I can play it on the sonos 5. If I buy an airport express, can I then play music direct from itunes to the sonos 5 without having to use the sonos library?
- Asked by Roger D
- Oct 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use airport express with sonos?)
No answers yet
I using a airport express base station to extend from airport extreme. can i use a second airport express to extend from first airport express?