Similar questions from the community
Can i use Back to my Mac with it?
- Asked by Miguel P from San Juan
- Aug 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use Back to my Mac with it?)
No answers yet
Does the airport express work as a Bonjour Sleep Proxy so that I can wake my computer when using Back to My Mac?
- Asked by Jacqueline D from Los Angeles
- Dec 6, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the airport express work as a Bonjour Sleep Proxy so that I can wake my computer when using Back to My Mac?)
Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs
My WiFi soundsystem has an Airport Extreme base station and an Airport Express node connected to a Bose sound system. I have a Macbook Pro (2014) and an iMac G4 (the "jetsons" with Mac OS 10.4.11) that is hardwired (LAN ethernet) to the base station. Sound system has worked for @ 10 years until I replaced the worn-out Express with a new one last year. The G4 now appears not to have Airplay capability anymore (I can't find it on Airport Utility) and the G4's ITunes (version 9) will not show multiple speaker options.
Can I restore this G4 back to the Airplay WiFi network?
- Asked by Calhoun B from Mebane
- Jul 15, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Airplay compatibility with G4 Macs)
No answers yet
If I plug in my speakers (amp to old school speaker) to the jack can I airplay audio to Airport from Mac and iPhone and have it play through them?
Basically I have a small set up in my room of an old sony amp and goodmans speakers, the amp has rca connections on the back so I do a simple 3/4" jack to rca and plug it into my iPhone or Mac and it works fine. What I want to be able to do is to play audio, via airplay i'm assuming, to the AirPort Express, have it output through the jack socket on the rear and play though my setup as it would as usual.
Hope this makes sense.
Can this be used along with the airport extreme but be placed in a different part of the house?
I have a Mac and Comcast. I already own an Airport Extreme which is connected to my comcast router. I am looking to boost the wifi signal so that I can have it reach my back patio for parties. How would I set all of this up if it is even possible. If this doesn't work are there any other suggestion for what I can purchase to boost the signal from my extreme?
- Asked by Brianna P from Malaga
- Nov 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this be used along with the airport extreme but be placed in a different part of the house?)
Can i use both LAN and WAN ethernet ports in the back if i use it to extend my wireless network?
If i use it to extend my current wireless network can i use the two ethernet ports in the back the WAN and LAN for my wire clients? or is the LAN port the only one that can be use?
- Asked by Jorge S from Doral
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use both LAN and WAN ethernet ports in the back if i use it to extend my wireless network?)
Are Canon printers supported by the new Airport Express?
The CAPT and UFR2 drivers for Mac OS X require bidirectional communication with the printer. That is, as well as sending data to the printer, they expect data to be sent back.
Unless the new Airport Express is different to its predecessors, the USB port on the Airport does not support bidirectional communication and this stops the UFR2 and CAPT driver from working.
Is the new Airport Express compatible with those drivers?
- Asked by Marco T from Castel Gandolfo
- Jun 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Are Canon printers supported by the new Airport Express?)
can airport steam music from my mac
- Asked by Bruce V from Kailua
- Sep 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can airport steam music from my mac)
No answers yet
Can I use base station as a piggy back from my router? i.e. router in one room and base station in another room?
I have a Sky Router which is in one place which I cannot change (I am in a 1420 listed Property). Nor can I fit any printer to it; I have no space there. So I want to use Base station remotely in another room. I need to how and if it can be done. Thanks!
Can I connect two Mac desktops with this router?
I have a newer Mac and my husband has one about 8 years old. Will one router
work for both? I also have an ipad, iphone and ipod.
- Asked by Janet H from Billings
- Jul 3, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect two Mac desktops with this router?)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
Will it connect wirelessly without the need of a ethernet cable?
Will this connect wirelessly to my router or do you have to have a ethernet cable plugged into the back? Many thanks
- Asked by Josh D
- Jun 18, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it connect wirelessly without the need of a ethernet cable?)
Can I restrict access to this device with a whitelist of MAC addresses?
I currently use another brand of router which has limited capacity to list MAC addresses. And the number of devices at home is increasing.
I'm considering getting an Airport Express -- but it will only help me if I can create a whitelist of around 50 MAC addresses.
I want to deny access to any device that is not listed.
Can I accomplish this with an AirPort Express?
- Asked by David K from Mississauga
- Aug 16, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I restrict access to this device with a whitelist of MAC addresses?)
Can I use this to connect mac mini to wireless n router ?
I have a mac mini which has a airport g compatible card, can I use the base station to send data wirelessly as n compatible to my broad band router to achieve 80mbs rather than 20 mbs I'm getting ? Thanks
- Asked by Stuart F
- Dec 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect mac mini to wireless n router ?)
Can I use the Airport Express only with the Ethernet cable to my mac book pro?
1) get the wifi from airport express,
2) drive it to my macbook pro using an ehternet cable.
- Asked by Thierry F from Montreal
- May 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the Airport Express only with the Ethernet cable to my mac book pro?)
looking the best solution for WiFi booster for Mac any suggestion??
I would like to get signal from WiFi for about twi miles of distance (in the sea)
- Asked by Michail S
- Jun 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (looking the best solution for WiFi booster for Mac any suggestion??)
can i use a air port to share files from a windows to a mac
I have just upgraded to a macbook air and all my files are on a windows 8 computer can i use a air port to share the files over the network?
- Asked by Bradley S
- Oct 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use a air port to share files from a windows to a mac)
can you use the airport express in another country? or on a ship in the middle of the ocean and still be able to get wifi?
Im getting deployed and i would like to be able to skype with my family back home. would this be able to help me?
- Asked by Zacory H from Havelock
- Sep 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can you use the airport express in another country? or on a ship in the middle of the ocean and still be able to get wifi?)