Similar questions from the community
If I extend wi-fi network from an Airport Extreme basestation via WDS to this unit, can both ethernet ports be used for networking non wi-fi devices?
Can I use Airport Express to simultaneoulsy streatm music and extend my wi-fi network?
I want to extend my wi-fi network but I would also like to stream music. Will the Express serve both needs simultaneously?
- Asked by Dustin H from Bethesda
- Aug 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Airport Express to simultaneoulsy streatm music and extend my wi-fi network?)
Can both ethernet ports be used when extending or joining an existing network?
The only limitation I have with the current generation of Airport Express is the fact that I can only plug in one wired device when using it to extend or join a current network. If someone gets one of these and has an existing network, could you please find out if both ports are usable or if you need to buy an external hub to connect 2 wired devices to the network.
- Asked by Julian A from Gilbert
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can both ethernet ports be used when extending or joining an existing network?)
so what if you already have wi fi in your home, is this device still needed or will my wi fi do the job?
i'm trying to add a printer for printing, and it sounds like the airport express will allow me to print wireless, but if i already have wi fi installed will i still need the airport express to print wireless, and what does this device do different than what i already have?
- Asked by Melvin T from Westchester
- Oct 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (so what if you already have wi fi in your home, is this device still needed or will my wi fi do the job?)
Can Airport Express convert Wi-Fi to Ethernet?
I have a motorhome and we camp in areas that provide Wi-Fi. My TV is internet ready, but requires an Ethernet cable input. Can the Airport Express detect the Wi-Fi signal and convert it to Ethernet so that I can plug the Ethernet cable into my TV?
- Asked by Pamela J from Moody
- Jul 26, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Airport Express convert Wi-Fi to Ethernet?)
Does it extend Wi-Fi range
Does it extend 2wire range?
- Asked by Mohammad S from Palatine
- Dec 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it extend Wi-Fi range)
No answers yet
Can the new AirPort Express extend an existing network with an ethernet cable from AirPort Extreme to Express's WAN port?
Can the new (June 11 2012) AirPort Express Base Station extend an existing network by connecting an ethernet cable from an AirPort Extreme to the Express's WAN port, thereby making the Express both a wireless access point and also an ethernet port via its LAN part?
- Asked by Bruce V from Santa Cruz
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new AirPort Express extend an existing network with an ethernet cable from AirPort Extreme to Express's WAN port?)
Can the Airport Express/Extreme or Time Capsule act as a MiFi Client and pass internet to my Hardwired, (Non WiFi), devices?
I have a Sierra MiFi unit at home and several Non WiFi devices, I would like to pass the internet access/Network through the hardwire ports using the Airport Extreme as the connection to the network and internet.
- Asked by Anthony M. D from Branson
- Aug 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express/Extreme or Time Capsule act as a MiFi Client and pass internet to my Hardwired, (Non WiFi), devices?)
Networking an AV receiver via Airport express
I have a Yamaha AV Receiver that is networkable via a Ethernet port, can the airport express receive my wireless internet and feed it to the receiver via the Ethernet port on the unit ?
- Asked by Stephen J from Melbourne
- Dec 13, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Networking an AV receiver via Airport express)
No answers yet
I want wi-fi access for my 2010 2.8Ghz mac pro. Should I buy Airport Extreme base station?
I do not have the following:
1) An AirPort card fitted - really expensive call-out charge and part
2) Would rather not run a cable throughout house to the router downstairs, as it is rented accomodation.
Will the Airport Extreme base station, pick up the wi-fi from downstairs?
Or do i definately need an ethernet cable draped all over the house to the Virgin Media router for a cheaper option?
(Have tried using a usb ralink but it has stopped working and want something more substantial)
What's the best option?
Thanks for any advice! It's such a headache knowing what to do!
Can I use this as an independent wi-fi source?
I want to have an independent wi-fi source that I can protect with a password or avoid from being searched by other devices. Do I need any additional equipment to use this device?
- Asked by Azaan D from Edmonton
- Jun 17, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this as an independent wi-fi source?)
No answers yet
Is the speed of the Wi-Fi limited to 100mbps if i use the 10/100 mbps wan port to connect to the internet?
I plan on using this router in my college dorm, which offers wi-fi speeds of around 150mbps. Will the speed of the Wi-fi be limited to a maximum of 100mbps when I connect an ethernet cable from my modem to the wan port? In other words, will the speed of the wifi and therefore my connection to the internet be limited by the slower ethernet input ( 10/100 input port)/
Sorry if this is an obvious or previously answered question, and thanks for your help!
- Asked by Brian S from Kensington
- Jul 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the speed of the Wi-Fi limited to 100mbps if i use the 10/100 mbps wan port to connect to the internet?)
Can I use this to set up a personal wi-fi with a password on a large public wi-fi, such a campus wi-fi?
I have a wireless printer in my dorm and you are unable to log onto the campus wi-fi on my printer, additionally if I was able to then everyone on the wi-fi would be able to print on my printer. Could I set this up in my dorm so that I could use my printer wirelessly without having to worry about others using it? How would I go about this and would it cause a lot of interference?
- Asked by Sammie E from Peachtree City
- Dec 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to set up a personal wi-fi with a password on a large public wi-fi, such a campus wi-fi?)
do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi
I have gone into my Apple Mac on system preference for internet & wi fi sharing to see if I can set up wireless connect and when I get to the computer using box It does not show me a
box for wi fi.. It's has a choice for air port option.
I want to have my mac setup for both internet & wireless. Do I purchase the Airport express base station for this to work? I have eathernet modem. Will l need to call a mac tec to install or would I be able to do it myself. I know enough to be dangerous! Thank you
- Asked by Roberta H from Surprise
- Nov 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi)
I don't have a Ethernet connection to the Internet. All I want is Wi-Fi to connect several devices. Will AE do the trick?
- Asked by Richard A G from Hinsdale
- Oct 7, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I don't have a Ethernet connection to the Internet. All I want is Wi-Fi to connect several devices. Will AE do the trick?)
External storage via ethernet?
If I can't use the USB port to access external storage wirelessly, would I be able to hook up a network-enabled external drive via one of the ethernet ports, and have the other port lead to my modem? I don't want to get an Airport Extreme as that lacks the optical audio output that I want to use for a home audio system
- Asked by Devon S from Richmond
- Nov 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (External storage via ethernet?)
No answers yet
I am running an Airport Time Capsule along with an Airport Extreme to extend my wireless network in my home. I have a fish tank control module (Neptune's Apex Controller) that I would like to add to my wireless network. This product does not have wireless capabilities, but you can connect it to a wireless game adaptor and go wireless from there? Would an additional airport express work for me?
- Asked by Joe C from Rehoboth
- Aug 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (network extender)
No answers yet