Similar questions from the community
If I set up the AirPort Express to extend my WiFi range can I also use the optical out on AirPort Express to airplay music to a DAC?
- Asked by David D from Glen Ellyn
- Sep 13, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (If I set up the AirPort Express to extend my WiFi range can I also use the optical out on AirPort Express to airplay music to a DAC?)
Can I use Airport Express to simultaneoulsy streatm music and extend my wi-fi network?
I want to extend my wi-fi network but I would also like to stream music. Will the Express serve both needs simultaneously?
- Asked by Dustin H from Bethesda
- Aug 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Airport Express to simultaneoulsy streatm music and extend my wi-fi network?)
Can I extend the range of a Belkin-based wifi network?
Where I live we have a wifi network with a Belkin modem. The signal is very weak in my area. Could a new Airport be used to extend the range? I have an older Airport Express and Airport, but when I have tried to use them to accomplish this, it seems they are not compatible with non-Apple modems. Is the new Airport Express different in this regard?
- Asked by Vicki P
- Jun 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend the range of a Belkin-based wifi network?)
Can the new AirPort express share / extend a WiFi connection ?
The new AirPort Express has a WAN connection to share ethernet, can it also share / extend a Wireless network, for instance to be used as a portable router whilst travelling ?
- Asked by Simon B from Burton On Trent
- Jun 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the new AirPort express share / extend a WiFi connection ?)
Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?
I currently use the old Airport Express to extend my wireless network broadcasted from my Time Capsule 2nd generation.
Unfortunately, the room I have my Airport Express in, which has poor service to the Time Capsule directly, is not always within working range.
If I upgraded my Airport Express to the newer unit, should I expect to see a NOTICEABLE improvement in coverage range?
I'm specifically asking those users who have used both; do you notice a significant improvement worthy of spending $100 on upgrading my device, keeping in mind this is really only so I can get strong WiFi extended from my Time Capsule and have it more reliable than the extended signal I currently have from the older Airport Express.
- Asked by Michael F from Fair Lawn
- Aug 6, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new Airport Express have noticeable range improvements from it's predecessor?)
Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?
I already have a wireless router, and wired printer. I want to extend my wireless range, and I also want to be able to turn my wired printer into a wireless one, along with my wired speakers into wireless speakers. Is this possible?
- Asked by Xavier S from Washington
- Oct 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the AirPort Express to connect to my existing wireless and then make my printer and music play wirelessly?)
Can I extend my FIOS network with the AirPort Express?
I lose my FIOS wifi signal in some parts of my house. Could I use the AirPort Express to extend the network?
- Asked by Dylan J
- Apr 4, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend my FIOS network with the AirPort Express?)
Will gaming consoles be easy to configure while using the Airport Express as a wifi extender?
I was planning on getting an Airport Express to strengthen the range in a specific room in the house; for the most part, I have a pretty reliable signal majority of the time, but on bad days it gets quite annoying. I was wondering if it would be a good investment for my gaming consoles (PS4/PS3) so I can reduce the chances of experiencing lag. I would really appreciate some feedback!
- Asked by Joy E from Tuscaloosa
- May 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will gaming consoles be easy to configure while using the Airport Express as a wifi extender?)
Can the new Airport Express Base Station extend the network from a new Airport Extreme Base Station AND use Airplay at the same time?
My old Airport Express cannot do both, you either have to set it up to create a network, join an existing network to extend it, or set it up for AirTunes. If the new one could do both, I'll buy it.
Can the Airport Express be used to extend the wifi range of a Time Capsule? if so, does it need to be connected to it with an ethernet cable?
- Asked by Derrick W from Mount Vernon
- Sep 21, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express be used to extend the wifi range of a Time Capsule? if so, does it need to be connected to it with an ethernet cable?)
Can i connect more than 3 airport express to extend my WiFi signal
Hello. My house have a big terrain, so I have 10 WIFI cameras, and I need to extend the wifi signal so I could connect with a good speed all the cameras. So I'm thinking of connecting for example 4 airport express, and 1 of them will be connected to Internet and the other ones will extend the signal. It could be done and work properly?. How many airport express I could connect?. Thanks!!!
- Asked by Ignacio José T
- Jun 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i connect more than 3 airport express to extend my WiFi signal)
AirPlayer and Wifi Extender?
Can this be used for both use as a connection for air play while also extending the range of my TimeCapsule?
- Asked by Carlos M from Forney
- May 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (AirPlayer and Wifi Extender?)
No answers yet
Can I use an AirPort Express to extend my existing wifi signal?
- Asked by Jason K from New Canaan
- Jun 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use an AirPort Express to extend my existing wifi signal?)
Do I need a fast internet connection if I plan to use AirPort Express only to stream music from my iOS device to AirPort Express-connected speakers?
What I'm trying to set up is this: I have a primary router in one room, and then I'll have AirPort Express in another room. The AirPort Express will have speakers attached to it. I also plan to move AirPort Express around the house for the times I want to take music to another room. My iOS devices and my AirPort Express will always be in the same room.
My concern is: if I stream music from my iOS device to my AirPort Express speakers, will the music have to be streamed first to my primary router in the other room before being relayed back to AirPort Express? Or will my iOS device have a direct connection? The reason I'm wondering this is that I've noticed that with iTunes wifi sync, I'm actually required to be online, even if my Mac and iOS device are in the same room. I believe that's the same for the iOS remote app as well. So it seems that I have to go through the cloud first anytime my iOS and Mac communicate wirelessly with each other. My concern now is, is that going to be required for streaming music to the AirPort Express that is just a few feet away from me? Because I hope not. I have thick walls in my house and my AirPort Express will probably at times be far from the main router. Additionally, I only have a 1 mbps connection (there are no faster connections in my area). So if I have to go through the cloud first before being able to stream music, there could be significant skipping.
Will the AirPort Express work in my motorhome as a companion to a WifiRanger Sky extender?
I just won a WifiRanger Sky range extender, and will mount it on the roof of my motorhome. The company makes a companion indoor router (the Go2), but it was not part of the prize package. It goes for $199.99, so I'm looking for a less expensive alternative. Will the AirPort Express be compatible with the WifiRanger Sky? And will it serve the same function as the Go2? What other solutions have any of you tried for better connectivity in a motorhome? We travel full-time, and often must rely on RV park wifi. Thanks!
- Asked by Ann C from Austin
- Jul 27, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the AirPort Express work in my motorhome as a companion to a WifiRanger Sky extender?)
will airport express improve the strength and range of my verizon router?
My wi-fi signal often drops out -- overpowered by a neighbor's signal.
If I buy and connect an airport express will this solve the strength and range problem I"m experiencing?
If yes, how hard is it to connect and operationalize?
- Asked by Kay H from Rockville
- Jul 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will airport express improve the strength and range of my verizon router?)
Can the Airport Express use a cell phone "hotspot"?
While sailing in Puget Sound, I use my cell phone "hot Spot" for a wireless access point. However the range is limited. Could an Airport Express use the hotspot as the "Source" network and extend it?
- Asked by Arnie H from Bremerton
- Nov 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express use a cell phone "hotspot"?)