Similar questions from the community
I already have my wifi setup at home and would just like to use the Airport to stream music via AirPlay to a receiver in my house. Is that possible?
- Asked by Mackenzie M from Chicago
- Aug 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I already have my wifi setup at home and would just like to use the Airport to stream music via AirPlay to a receiver in my house. Is that possible?)
can i stream audio from the internet to my airport express?
Would love it if i can stream audio from my internet sites, i.e. you tube, vimeo, radio internet. to my Airport express speakers.
I have the last generation Airport, where I cannot stream from net.
However, I phones can...
Does this one do it?
- Asked by Witty J A from Pacoima
- Nov 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (can i stream audio from the internet to my airport express?)
can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?
I'm using airplay to play a video to a projector but the audio is located elsewhere, so is it possible to send the video to the projector via apple tv and then the audio to an airport express to come out some PA speakers?
- Asked by Matthew T
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?)
Can i use my Android Device with the Aiport Express to stream my music and Audio?
Airport Express with Android
- Asked by Mohamed H from Cairo
- Dec 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use my Android Device with the Aiport Express to stream my music and Audio?)
is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV
I want to bring the iTunes library to my stereo, and googling on this there were a number of posts that suggested that Airport Extreme had better decoding for CD quality audio then did the AppleTV. All the iTunes files are of course digital, and I am intending to use the optical output of either the Airport Express or AppleTV.
To really hear a difference I would need to do an A/B test of one against the other - which I do not intend to do, but I do have a very high end system so when things are not as they should be there is no hiding it.
I don't need the AppleTV right now for the theater setting - so video streaming ability would be on hold there, for now but likely added sometime in the next year or so.
It's really a matter of which device is going to be better for delivering the iTunes music library to the stereo system. Why there would be a different between the Airport Extreme and the AppleTV is not clear to me. The limiting source would seem to be the bit rate of the files in iTunes - but perhaps I am missing something. Perhaps there is a difference in DA converters - though that too would seem strange, but with the use of the Digital Optical Out I would think that there should be no difference.
But certainly better to know about it before I buy the device and get it set up - appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.
- Asked by Dan R from Superior
- Jul 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is there audio quality difference between the airport extreme and Apple TV)
Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?
My intention is to stream the music in my I-Mac or I-Phone to my Bose Wave radio which has an input stereo mini audio jack using the Airport Express. Will it be possible? Which audio cable should I buy? Thanks a lot for your help.
- Asked by Fernando D from Weston
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airport Express be connected to a Bose Wave radio to heard the music from my iPhone?)
Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system
i have airport express hard wired to built in surround speakers to pick up music from iPad, iPhone etc. can I output sound from my samsung smart TV to the surround speakers via airport express over wifi? Do I need software on tv?
- Asked by Alex D
- Jan 25, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I play audio from samsung TV via airport express to built in surround system)
If I plug in my speakers (amp to old school speaker) to the jack can I airplay audio to Airport from Mac and iPhone and have it play through them?
Basically I have a small set up in my room of an old sony amp and goodmans speakers, the amp has rca connections on the back so I do a simple 3/4" jack to rca and plug it into my iPhone or Mac and it works fine. What I want to be able to do is to play audio, via airplay i'm assuming, to the AirPort Express, have it output through the jack socket on the rear and play though my setup as it would as usual.
Hope this makes sense.
External storage via ethernet?
If I can't use the USB port to access external storage wirelessly, would I be able to hook up a network-enabled external drive via one of the ethernet ports, and have the other port lead to my modem? I don't want to get an Airport Extreme as that lacks the optical audio output that I want to use for a home audio system
- Asked by Devon S from Richmond
- Nov 2, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (External storage via ethernet?)
No answers yet
Will AirTunes work even if the airport express is in repeater mode?
- Asked by Romeo O from Manila
- Jul 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Will AirTunes work even if the airport express is in repeater mode?)
will the new AirPort Express support audio streaming at rates > 44.1/16?
- Asked by G Mark F from Uxbridge
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will the new AirPort Express support audio streaming at rates > 44.1/16?)
Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router
Is it possible to have the airport express connect to a non apple router wirelessly?
Then is it possible to have it extend that range wirelessly to apple devices?
Then is it possible to connect my PC up to the airport express as well via ethernet?
So if it can connect to non apple router wirelessly, is possible to share that internet via ethernet as well as wirelessly?
- Asked by Alex T
- Jan 12, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Connecting to my PC and Apple Devices via non apple router)
Provided I connect this with an audio cable, I can send music from iTunes on my iPad to play on my older (5 yo) mini hi-fi?
My hi-fi is an LG, about 5 yo, has dual AV inputs on back exactly as described in Airport Express user manual, so shouldn't be a problem to connect it. Can play music from a USB stick & can play from CDs burned on a computer (my previous one couldn't).
Am hoping this will enable me to play my iTunes music from my iPad, trying to avoid need to buy new, expensive dock for iPad to get good music quality!
- Asked by Jenifer R from New Town
- Jun 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Provided I connect this with an audio cable, I can send music from iTunes on my iPad to play on my older (5 yo) mini hi-fi?)
Play Videos, Play YouTube, Use Quick Time, Or Use VLC?
I understand that this can wirelessly stream audio using the iTunes airplay feature...
BUT can it also stream other forms of audio (when watching a movie in VLC, when watching a movie in quicktime, or when surfing the internet).
Can't wait for your response!
- Asked by Tyler P
- Jun 14, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Play Videos, Play YouTube, Use Quick Time, Or Use VLC?)
Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?
I want to connect audio from a non-wifi unit to an airport express to broadcast that audio to another airport express for audio output to powered speakers.
If this can work, I want to know if I can have multiple receiving expresses.
If there is no way to input audio to the airport express, does anyone have a recommendation for a wifi audio transmitter that would be compatible with say two airport express units for a stereo signal?
- Asked by Ken W from Mesquite
- Sep 7, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the airport express as an audio transmitter?)
can i use airport express with my hi-fi
- Asked by Graham D
- Nov 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use airport express with my hi-fi)
No answers yet