Similar questions from the community
Does it extend Wi-Fi range
Does it extend 2wire range?
- Asked by Mohammad S from Palatine
- Dec 19, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does it extend Wi-Fi range)
No answers yet
Can I use Airport Express to simultaneoulsy streatm music and extend my wi-fi network?
I want to extend my wi-fi network but I would also like to stream music. Will the Express serve both needs simultaneously?
- Asked by Dustin H from Bethesda
- Aug 13, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use Airport Express to simultaneoulsy streatm music and extend my wi-fi network?)
I want wi-fi access for my 2010 2.8Ghz mac pro. Should I buy Airport Extreme base station?
I do not have the following:
1) An AirPort card fitted - really expensive call-out charge and part
2) Would rather not run a cable throughout house to the router downstairs, as it is rented accomodation.
Will the Airport Extreme base station, pick up the wi-fi from downstairs?
Or do i definately need an ethernet cable draped all over the house to the Virgin Media router for a cheaper option?
(Have tried using a usb ralink but it has stopped working and want something more substantial)
What's the best option?
Thanks for any advice! It's such a headache knowing what to do!
Can I use this to set up a personal wi-fi with a password on a large public wi-fi, such a campus wi-fi?
I have a wireless printer in my dorm and you are unable to log onto the campus wi-fi on my printer, additionally if I was able to then everyone on the wi-fi would be able to print on my printer. Could I set this up in my dorm so that I could use my printer wirelessly without having to worry about others using it? How would I go about this and would it cause a lot of interference?
- Asked by Sammie E from Peachtree City
- Dec 19, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to set up a personal wi-fi with a password on a large public wi-fi, such a campus wi-fi?)
If I extend wi-fi network from an Airport Extreme basestation via WDS to this unit, can both ethernet ports be used for networking non wi-fi devices?
do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi
I have gone into my Apple Mac on system preference for internet & wi fi sharing to see if I can set up wireless connect and when I get to the computer using box It does not show me a
box for wi fi.. It's has a choice for air port option.
I want to have my mac setup for both internet & wireless. Do I purchase the Airport express base station for this to work? I have eathernet modem. Will l need to call a mac tec to install or would I be able to do it myself. I know enough to be dangerous! Thank you
- Asked by Roberta H from Surprise
- Nov 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi)
Does this generate its own Wi-Fi for apple products?
I have a router for my internet at home but the WiFi for that is no longer compatible with my iPhone, without WiFi I get bad service in my house. Will this help me?
- Asked by D'naija T from Glassboro
- Oct 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this generate its own Wi-Fi for apple products?)
so what if you already have wi fi in your home, is this device still needed or will my wi fi do the job?
i'm trying to add a printer for printing, and it sounds like the airport express will allow me to print wireless, but if i already have wi fi installed will i still need the airport express to print wireless, and what does this device do different than what i already have?
- Asked by Melvin T from Westchester
- Oct 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (so what if you already have wi fi in your home, is this device still needed or will my wi fi do the job?)
I have an old Airport Express A1084 from the year 2006,, it is compatible with the NEW Airport Express, can I extend my network using my old model?
Does this include WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) functionality?
WPS functionality has been proven to be a security risk. Does the AirPort Express Base Station offer this functionality? And if it does, can it be disabled?
- Asked by Brian G
- Aug 20, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this include WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) functionality?)
Can both ethernet ports be used when extending or joining an existing network?
The only limitation I have with the current generation of Airport Express is the fact that I can only plug in one wired device when using it to extend or join a current network. If someone gets one of these and has an existing network, could you please find out if both ports are usable or if you need to buy an external hub to connect 2 wired devices to the network.
- Asked by Julian A from Gilbert
- Jun 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can both ethernet ports be used when extending or joining an existing network?)
Will gaming consoles be easy to configure while using the Airport Express as a wifi extender?
I was planning on getting an Airport Express to strengthen the range in a specific room in the house; for the most part, I have a pretty reliable signal majority of the time, but on bad days it gets quite annoying. I was wondering if it would be a good investment for my gaming consoles (PS4/PS3) so I can reduce the chances of experiencing lag. I would really appreciate some feedback!
- Asked by Joy E from Tuscaloosa
- May 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will gaming consoles be easy to configure while using the Airport Express as a wifi extender?)
Can I extend the range of a Belkin-based wifi network?
Where I live we have a wifi network with a Belkin modem. The signal is very weak in my area. Could a new Airport be used to extend the range? I have an older Airport Express and Airport, but when I have tried to use them to accomplish this, it seems they are not compatible with non-Apple modems. Is the new Airport Express different in this regard?
- Asked by Vicki P
- Jun 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I extend the range of a Belkin-based wifi network?)
is this compatable with BT home hub?
i have numerous apple products and a couple of laptops and an office computer & I want to know how to link up the airport system to enable it to work with all the products, i phones, i pads, i pods and playstations etc and stream music.
Do I need to connect it with a cable to phone line ? or will it pick up signal wirelessly ?
- Asked by Melanie B
- Nov 4, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (is this compatable with BT home hub?)
Can i use the express to extend the network of my school's wifi?
I have free wifi on my macBook from my school. But the school's wifi does not reach my whole appartment. Can i extend the wireless internet by using the express so that it will reach the rest of my appartment?
Is it able to extend a network, where i don't have the modem or ethernet cable to. All i have is wifi in my bedroom and would like to extend it about 20 feet to my living room. Thanks!
- Asked by Elijah A from San Jose
- Aug 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use the express to extend the network of my school's wifi?)