Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Can you use this in a foreign country?
- Asked by Samuel K from New York
- Mar 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you use this in a foreign country?)
No answers yet
Is there a way to purchase a Power Adapter that is specific for countries other than the US?
I have been using a country-specific adapter on my Power Adapter in Israel for 3 months with my MacBook. I am planning to stay here for another 5 years. Will this system continue to work with the different voltage or should I look into getting an Israel-voltage-specific Power Adapter, if one exists?
- Asked by Lia D from Brooklyn
- Aug 21, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a way to purchase a Power Adapter that is specific for countries other than the US?)
i bought my computer in colombia but im using it in europe, my charger is gone, does the country electricity has something to do about it?
- Asked by Laura N from Milan
- Oct 31, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (i bought my computer in colombia but im using it in europe, my charger is gone, does the country electricity has something to do about it?)
Can I use the same power adapter all over the world for all voltages and both 50 and 60 Hz frequency?
Frequency: The power adapter that came with my Macbook Pro in the USA stopped working while using it in Japan where the power is 100 V 50 Hz. I noticed it got really hot when I used it in Japan. I had to buy a new one in Tokyo, and this one doesn't seem to get nearly as hot when I'm using it in Japan. I am wondering if I need 2 different power adapters for the 2 different countries.
Warranty: Or maybe I had a defective power adapter from the start? It is less than a year old. Can I get it replaced under warranty?
- Asked by Kimberly W from Redwood City
- Nov 20, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use the same power adapter all over the world for all voltages and both 50 and 60 Hz frequency?)
What do I need to use my Macbook Air laptop in Europe?
Low tech woman seeks simple answers and solutions for bringing my Mac Air laptop on a plane to Germany and being able to travel to nearby countries and have the power cord and voltage be compatible. I saw something online for an airplane power mag cord which can be used. I saw the World Travel Kit for Apple online, but I'm not sure if this is overkill. What's the minimum requirements I will need?
- Asked by Andrea R from Santa Cruz
- Aug 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What do I need to use my Macbook Air laptop in Europe?)
AC power cord - is that also included when I purchase an Adapter? If not, how can I also acquire the AC cord?
When I purchase an Apple MagSafe Power Adapter, do I also by the thick AC power extension cord (>1m) that one uses to connect the adapter to the actual power outlet in the wall? (i.e. similar to the one I got when purchasing my Macbook originally?) This is left ingeniously unclear in the product description of the MagSafe Adapter and the accompanying pictures, which is not helped with the absence of such a separate AC power cord in the Macbook product accessory categories.
In addition, is the configuration of the prongs in the plug of the AC cord that which is used in the country where the Adapter/Cord are purchased. That is, when purchasing the adapter via AppleStore/Canada I would expect to get a North-American version? It would be best would be if one could specify this technical aspect, too, instead of having to guess.