Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Does the new slim connector disconnect as reliably as the perpendicular cable?
I am concerned it will not get proper leverage at many angles, such as pulled from behind. The old one works perfectly when the cable pulls sideways to break the mag-seal and pull out of the socket, it is least effective when pulled directly out. The new one looks like it will be fine if pulled to one side, but may "hook" a bit more from the other side.
Either way, I still think Mag-Safe is absolutely brilliant compared with any of the annoyingly wide range of power connectors I have used before.
- Asked by Simone D from Glen Forrest
- May 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the new slim connector disconnect as reliably as the perpendicular cable?)
Is there a 85W adapter with the new style of chargers that connect parallel to the computer instead of sticking out perpendicular?
I see that there is a new style of charger for the macbooks and not the 15 inch macbook pros.
- Asked by Seth M from White Plains
- Dec 19, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a 85W adapter with the new style of chargers that connect parallel to the computer instead of sticking out perpendicular?)
What is this MagSafe 85W connector compatible with? New 15" MacBook Pro? 2011 13" MacBook Air? Both? Neither?
I currently have a 13" MacBook Air with a MagSafe connector in line with the cord like this one. However it is old and coming apart. I have purchased a new 15" macbook pro. Will this work on this macbook as well if I get the 85W version? Will the 85W Version work on my macbook air? Remember, I need the one with the connector in line with the cord and not the one which comes out at 90° to the macbook. I'm looking for one cable to work with many MacBooks.
- Asked by Rod H from Calgary
- Nov 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (What is this MagSafe 85W connector compatible with? New 15" MacBook Pro? 2011 13" MacBook Air? Both? Neither?)
Can I use the power connector from an old 2006 13" Macbook on a new 11" macbook air with the MagSafe to MagSafe2 converter?
I have an old 2006 Macbook with the original Magsafe power adapter charger and I'm buying a new 11" Macbook Air, which comes with the new Magsafe 2. I wanted to know if I should buy the optional Magsafe to Magsafe-2 converter? Will the converter work with a charger as old as the original 2006 Magsafe? Could it damage the macbook air at all?
Can I buy a UK power cable for a US Time Capsule?
I brought a Time Capsule from USA. I need to get a power cable for the UK, but cannot find in Apple store. May be it is not dual voltage? Do I need to buy a new one for UK?
- Asked by Mariana F
- Aug 18, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy a UK power cable for a US Time Capsule?)
Where do I find the old style Mac Book Pro Charger for a Mac Book Pro purchased in 2009?
The connector is different in the old chargers than in the new ones. My daughter bought an off brand, and it blew up! We want to buy her a bonafide apple product, but we are not sure where to find it.
- Asked by Charlene G from Moraga
- Sep 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Where do I find the old style Mac Book Pro Charger for a Mac Book Pro purchased in 2009?)
A1261 2008 MacBook Pro charger adapter cable?
This is a 17" MacBook Pro from 2008. I need a new charger cable. Is it the 85W one as shown or does this not work with older models? This is an A1261 with a magnetic input to the laptop.
- Asked by Moira M
- Sep 23, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (A1261 2008 MacBook Pro charger adapter cable?)
No answers yet
will this work with an early 2008 17" mac book pro "t" style connector
- Asked by Robert S from Glenside
- Nov 8, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with an early 2008 17" mac book pro "t" style connector)
What is the length of this cable?
I always study in my college library, but the plug is far from my desk. My original charger is too short, so I need a long one that can reach my desk which is usually far away from the plug of our library. I wonder if anyone can tell me how long its cable is. Thank you!
- Asked by Xinyang L from Clinton
- Sep 5, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the length of this cable?)
Where can I purchase the removable prongs for Australia?
I bought my Macbook in Canada so it obviously arrived with the Canadian power plug.
I am now living in Australia and rather than purchase a completely new power cable/transformer I would like to purchase the removable Australian prongs to replace the Canadian one. Where do you think I might find this?
- Asked by Danielle B from Sydney
- Jan 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can I purchase the removable prongs for Australia?)
replace cable only charger
I have a loose connection on my Macbook charger that require wiggling to set it working. Can i buy the magnetic cable without the adapter unit?
- Asked by Sharyn A
- Sep 18, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (replace cable only charger)
Will This Work With The New MacBook?
- Asked by Robert M from Carlsbad
- Mar 19, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will This Work With The New MacBook?)
I have a Macbook Pro mid 2012. I need to replace my Power adapter. Can I use either style connector (L shaped or rectanlge) and 60 or 85 W ?
- Asked by William F from Charlotte
- Jan 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a Macbook Pro mid 2012. I need to replace my Power adapter. Can I use either style connector (L shaped or rectanlge) and 60 or 85 W ?)
Can I buy the magnetic cable only without the Adapter?
My Power Adapter still works properly but the magnetic cable was torn due to frequent movements.
- Asked by Queenie T from Manila
- Jun 27, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy the magnetic cable only without the Adapter?)
What power cable will I need if I move to Australia?
I might be moving to Australia next year, and I'm wondering what i will need to charge my Macbook over there. I am currently living in Canada, and I own a 15" (White) Macbook.
- Asked by Kelly B from St. Catharines
- Mar 25, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What power cable will I need if I move to Australia?)
how do I find out which 60W MagSafe charger do I need for my MacAir 13-inch, Mid 2011
My charger cable for MacAir mid 2011. Which cable do I purchased.
- Asked by David B from Madison
- Jun 18, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I find out which 60W MagSafe charger do I need for my MacAir 13-inch, Mid 2011)
Is this included with the new updated MacBook Pros?
Previous MBPs had the adapters with a plastic head. Is this new one included with the updated MBPs?
- Asked by Abhimat G from Barrington
- Apr 23, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this included with the new updated MacBook Pros?)
Does it harm my macbook pro retina 13'' (2015) battery to keep it connected to the wall socket even after it is fully charged?
Should I disconnect the charger after the battery percentage reaches 100% or is it ok to use it after it reached 100%? Also, what is the minimum battery percentage before I start charging again? Is it bad to completely drain the battery sometimes (twice in a month)? I am sorry for the question for being so long, but I really want to optimise my mac battery. Thanks for the help in advance.
I need a new charger for my 15' macbook pro.
It is a little over a year old. I also purchased, what turned out to be a knock off a few months ago from amazon for 15 dollars. Mistake, the think lasted for about one week. I use my macbook fairly often, and would like the charger to last more than 15 months if possible. Still I am hesitant to purchase an 80 dollar charger. Is this my best option? Out of the 100 or so reviews I have read, I have only found about 4 or 5 positive reviews. Any help would be appreciated.
- Asked by Andrew D from Wellesley
- Oct 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (I need a new charger for my 15' macbook pro.)