Similar questions from the community
I have just bought a 15 inch macbook pro and need to connect it to my old 13 inch white macbook (2007 model), which cable should I use ?
Cable query on connection and migratio of data between macbooks old and new
macbook white upgrade
Hi, I would like to upgrade my macbook white from 10.5 to 10.7, however the support models are:
iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminium, or Early 2009 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
Xserve (Early 2009)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
Which one is macbook white belongs to???
anyone tried upgrade before??
My processor is 2GHz, memory 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM.. Can upgrade to 10.7?
- Asked by Yongjian N
- Jul 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook white upgrade)
Can I use my MacBook Pro system disc (Snow leopard) that came with my computer to upgrade my Macbook 13 inch (early 2008) to OSX 10.6 ?
I have Macbook 13 inch (early 2008) running 10.5.8 and want to upgrade the operating system to the 10.6 version that came with my MacBook Pro. I purchased the OSX Lion USB so that I could install the new OS on my MacBook Pro and my Macbook. I have been successful with my Macbook Pro but when I try and use the Snow Leopard install disc that came with my MacBook Pro it tells me I can't use the disc on the MacBook.
- Asked by Michael S from North Bend
- Jan 1, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use my MacBook Pro system disc (Snow leopard) that came with my computer to upgrade my Macbook 13 inch (early 2008) to OSX 10.6 ?)
I have mac os 10.5.8 with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. What's the latest software I can purchase or upgrade to?
My Mac is Macbook 13 inch, aluminum body
- Asked by Jestoni G from Bago City
- Nov 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have mac os 10.5.8 with 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor. What's the latest software I can purchase or upgrade to?)
I bought a new MacBook 13-inch in early August 09. It didn't come with Snow Leopard. How do I get a rebate when ordering Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Richard P from Falls Church
- Nov 26, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (I bought a new MacBook 13-inch in early August 09. It didn't come with Snow Leopard. How do I get a rebate when ordering Snow Leopard?)
i have an mac os x 10.5.8 and i need to update into OS x 10.6 snow leopard.
I have an iMac with OS X 10.5.8 and i have a Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard installation DVD for 13-inch MacBook Pro. Can i upgrade my iMac with this DVD?
- Asked by Panos T from Athens
- Sep 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (i have an mac os x 10.5.8 and i need to update into OS x 10.6 snow leopard.)
I have an old MacBook, model number A1181 from 2007. The hard drive has been wiped clean. What is the best OS to load on this Mac?
- Asked by Steve S from Bethesda
- Oct 13, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an old MacBook, model number A1181 from 2007. The hard drive has been wiped clean. What is the best OS to load on this Mac?)
i have macbook pro from late 2007 running 10.6.8. can i upgrade to lion?
with the mobile me program ending, i will no longer have the ability of my iphone (version 4s) to synch with my computer wirelessly. in order to have icloud on my computer i need to upgrade to lion but i am concerned that my mac book pro is too old. it was purchased in late 2007 and is running 10.6.8. i am concerned that if i upgrade to lion, the computer won't accomodate the new operating system and might corrupt my photos and other stored information. would i be taking a risk with the lion? if it is ok to upgrade, what woulf the limitations be given the age of the computer.?
- Asked by Carol C from Essex Fells
- Feb 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (i have macbook pro from late 2007 running 10.6.8. can i upgrade to lion?)
Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?
Macbook 13inch with Intel processor about 6mo old with ver 10.5.8 Tiger installed. Will a clean install be required, or does the standard install leave applications and data and just remove the old version and replace with the new 10.6 Snow Leopard version of the OSX?
- Asked by Roger H from Worland
- Nov 9, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?)
A friend just gave me his old Macbook Pro. It's Mac OS X 10.4.11. Do I need to get Snow Leopard or can i go straight to Lion?
what do i need to reinstall software on my apple computer i have a 2007 macbook pro.im putting in a new hard drive,what do i need?
- Asked by Deed C from Chattanooga
- Jun 6, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (what do i need to reinstall software on my apple computer i have a 2007 macbook pro.im putting in a new hard drive,what do i need?)
Can i upgrade to snow leopard will i still retain the iLife. does my macbook qualifies for the new upgrade?
I had bought macbook 13 inch plastic version entry level in may 09 which shipped with leopard 10.5.8, it came with 2 discs one of it is the Mac OS leopard disc what does the second disc consists? the second disc states macbook applications install dvd with some AHT version on it does this disc contains iLife? I checked my existing programs i have Photo, iMovie, GarageBand, iWeb, and iDVD which means i have iLife. So now the million dollar question if i buy just the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard OS worth 48$ will i still be able to retain my existing iLife. I want to do a clean install if i buy the new OS. does iLife comes builtin inside the new OS?
- Asked by Vijay C from Singapore
- Oct 7, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i upgrade to snow leopard will i still retain the iLife. does my macbook qualifies for the new upgrade?)
Can I save files as PDF using the standard softwares/applications of a newly purchased MacBook Pro? Thank you!
I usually share documents with colleagues as PDF (converted from Word, Excel, Powerpoint, pictures, and even websites converted as PDF); so as to avoid accidental and/or unauthorized revisions in the documents.
In this regard, I just want to know if I can do the same thing using the "in the box" softwares/applications of a newly purchase MacBook Pro, or if I need to purchase the Adobe Professional software/application.
I have yet to decide whether to get the MacBook Pro 13" or the 15"; and I hope to make the purchase later this month or early May.
Can a Macbook Pro 1.3 get updated to Snow?
I have the 15" MacBook Pro 1.3, with 2.2 Ghz, Core 2 Duo, 2 Gb memory, and 220 Gb HD. Can I upgrade to Snow? What is the highest upgrade I can get?
- Asked by George C from Charlotte
- Feb 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a Macbook Pro 1.3 get updated to Snow?)
No answers yet
Does my 2.26 intel processor can handle 64 bit aplications that Snow Leopard comes up with???
I have a13 inch MacBook Pro I have Leopard installed and I would like to update to Snow Leopard. So I would like to know if my intel 2.26 procesor can handle 64 bit aplications???
Can I install OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on a MacBook mid-2007 with a bard hard drive?
I have a MacBook, white
I got it without a hard drive, just the laptop. I have a 250gb hdd that will work with it.
This originally came with OS X 10.4 from my research.
Can I buy the $29 Snow Leopard and install it on the bare hard drive?
- Asked by Charles E from Bowie
- Sep 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on a MacBook mid-2007 with a bard hard drive?)
I have 2001 powerbook g4 15 inch screen and it still has the old os on it so if I buy this mac os x 10.6 snow leopard, will i have the new os?
what im trying to say is i have the old os that the laptop came with, and if i dowload this mac os x 10.6 snow leopard, will it automatically have the new one or will i need to buy more stuff to upgrade the os?
I just bought a used macbook pro (Leopard 10.5.5) without the OS CD. Am I able to install the Snow Leopard upgrade without the Leopard cd?
I also don't have access to the administrator's user name and password, so I can't download updates...I don't know if I would need that information to upgrade to the snow leopard as well?