Similar questions from the community
Will Snow Leopard bought in this manner install on a completely blank hard drive or do i need to be running a previous version of OS X?
Can I use this version of Snow Leopard to downgrade from OS X Lion?
I bought a refurbished 2008 Macbook that came pre-installed with OS X Lion. My old Mac Mini (just sold it) ran Snow Leopard (10.6). Now, some of my apps (PowerPC) and other functions are gone and I desperately need them back.
Can I use this disc to "erase & install" Snow Leopard without a previous version of Mac OS X? Thanks.
- Asked by Gandalf F from Bloomington
- Mar 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this version of Snow Leopard to downgrade from OS X Lion?)
Do I need a previous version of the family pack in order to buy and install the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Family Pack?
- Asked by Langis G from Orleans
- Jul 6, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need a previous version of the family pack in order to buy and install the Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard - Family Pack?)
DO I GET A CODE WHEN I PURCHASE 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD FROM APPLE STORE
NEED TO INSTALL MAC OS ON A BLANK MAC LAPTOP
- Asked by Simon S
- Sep 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (DO I GET A CODE WHEN I PURCHASE 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD FROM APPLE STORE)
i have intel based mac and i formatted the hard drive to ntfs i dont have the osx dvd do i need to buy full version of 10.6 or upgrade version
intel based mac running win 7 and i want to go back to snow leopard i dont have the instllation dvd any more do i need the full dvd instllation or the upgrade
when install snow leopard will it take off the old operating system
Will it take off the entire old OS and free up that hard drive space.
- Asked by Keith C from New Albany
- Oct 12, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (when install snow leopard will it take off the old operating system)
Is the Snow Leopard disk a bootable disk? I am looking to replace the hard drive in my macbook, and need a bootable disk.
I know you can make bootable backup from Time Machine, but I don't have a blank hard drive to do it with. Can I purchase Snow Leopard and boot from it, then restore my Time Machine back up?
- Asked by Mark C from Olathe
- Jan 25, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Snow Leopard disk a bootable disk? I am looking to replace the hard drive in my macbook, and need a bootable disk.)
can i run snow leopard on a itouch?
i had a old shuffle connected to my laptop and was using disk utility and saw the utility recognized the shuffle as a 1GB hard disk and i could partition it like any other hard disk. i also have a old iTouch and if i were to install snow leopard or even lion to it, would it work or even just boot? and is that technically jail breaking an iTouch even though i'm putting apple software onto the device?
- Asked by Diane H from Fairfax
- Nov 27, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can i run snow leopard on a itouch?)
what version of snow leopard do i need when installing a new harddrive
- Asked by Curtis F from Newport Beach
- Feb 27, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (what version of snow leopard do i need when installing a new harddrive)
Do I need to have snow leopard to run time machine?
I've put a new HDD in my mac book and installed the original Mac OS X disc to get started. I saved all my old stuff on an external HD via time machine. Do I need to install snow leopard to access the time machine backups?
- Asked by Georgene M from Stratton Mountain
- Jun 26, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to have snow leopard to run time machine?)
I have the Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 unlimited Client version, can I install this overtop of the client version?
I recently received a MacBook from a friend that has the Mac OS X 10.6 unlimited Client version on it. I am planning on using this for everyday use and was wondering if I can install the Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard overtop of the previous client version?
- Asked by Richard D from Pottsville
- Jan 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 unlimited Client version, can I install this overtop of the client version?)
Is there a Quickbooks version that will run on Snow Leopard?
I have Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, but all the versions of the Quickbooks software for Mac I'm finding are only compatible with Lion or Mountain Lion. What can I do about this?
- Asked by Kaleigha M from Newberg
- Jan 15, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a Quickbooks version that will run on Snow Leopard?)
Can I install OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on a MacBook mid-2007 with a bard hard drive?
I have a MacBook, white
I got it without a hard drive, just the laptop. I have a 250gb hdd that will work with it.
This originally came with OS X 10.4 from my research.
Can I buy the $29 Snow Leopard and install it on the bare hard drive?
- Asked by Charles E from Bowie
- Sep 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on a MacBook mid-2007 with a bard hard drive?)
Will my Macbook Pro mid 2012 work with Mac OS X Snow Leopard? Purpose: ProTools 8 and Adobe Premiere. Need to know: I have Yosemite on partition too
I am trying to install Protools on my Macbook Pro and I have already used the disk utility to partition my solid state Hard drive.
I have a DVD with Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I a certain this OS works with the version of Protools that I'm using.
I tried to extract a .dmg image file to point to my "Snow Leopard" partition and cannot acquire the .dmg (ISO file).
I'm sure it's on the Snow leopard disk, but I cannot extract it.
I am using Protools 8, is Maverick compatible?
I also have adobe premiere.
I recently upgraded to Yosemite. Unfortunately, most of the programs I use do not work with this Yosemite.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Asked by Benjamin G from Red Lion
- Apr 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my Macbook Pro mid 2012 work with Mac OS X Snow Leopard? Purpose: ProTools 8 and Adobe Premiere. Need to know: I have Yosemite on partition too)
will this snow leopard upgrade work on IMac 9.1 running OS X 10.5.8
I'm almost computer illiterate. My macbook pro has crashed (hard drive dead) & I'm now using my old desktop iMac, it's running Mac OS X 10.5.8 Any assistance is appreciated.
Details of system wanting to upgrade are :
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac9,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
Boot ROM Version: IM91.008D.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.44f0
- Asked by Simon J from Pacific Pines
- Jun 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (will this snow leopard upgrade work on IMac 9.1 running OS X 10.5.8)
do i need ram upgrade for snow leopard
Mac OS X 10.5.8 - 2009 (I think)
I have a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
My question is do I need to also upgrade my RAM as the Snow Leopard operating requirements state that I have to have 5GB Free Hard Drive space, but when I go into my hard drive it says I've only got 50GB out of 232GB available?
Will Snow Leopard work without the RAM upgrade?
- Asked by Sara V
- Feb 24, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need ram upgrade for snow leopard)