Similar questions from the community
Can I install OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on a MacBook mid-2007 with a bard hard drive?
I have a MacBook, white
I got it without a hard drive, just the laptop. I have a 250gb hdd that will work with it.
This originally came with OS X 10.4 from my research.
Can I buy the $29 Snow Leopard and install it on the bare hard drive?
- Asked by Charles E from Bowie
- Sep 19, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on a MacBook mid-2007 with a bard hard drive?)
i have Macbook Pro 4.1 2006,what version of OS i have buy to install an this computer
I erase my hard drive and i try to install another OS X new version 2007 and 2009 and i receiving message "computer doesn't support this OS X " ,so i wanna buy new one but i m not sure what i have to buy ,can i use this Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard an that computer???
- Asked by Jasmin I from New York
- Sep 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (i have Macbook Pro 4.1 2006,what version of OS i have buy to install an this computer)
Can I use this version of Snow Leopard to downgrade from OS X Lion?
I bought a refurbished 2008 Macbook that came pre-installed with OS X Lion. My old Mac Mini (just sold it) ran Snow Leopard (10.6). Now, some of my apps (PowerPC) and other functions are gone and I desperately need them back.
Can I use this disc to "erase & install" Snow Leopard without a previous version of Mac OS X? Thanks.
- Asked by Gandalf F from Bloomington
- Mar 11, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this version of Snow Leopard to downgrade from OS X Lion?)
i have an mac os x 10.5.8 and i need to update into OS x 10.6 snow leopard.
I have an iMac with OS X 10.5.8 and i have a Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard installation DVD for 13-inch MacBook Pro. Can i upgrade my iMac with this DVD?
- Asked by Panos T from Athens
- Sep 8, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (i have an mac os x 10.5.8 and i need to update into OS x 10.6 snow leopard.)
DO I GET A CODE WHEN I PURCHASE 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD FROM APPLE STORE
NEED TO INSTALL MAC OS ON A BLANK MAC LAPTOP
- Asked by Simon S
- Sep 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (DO I GET A CODE WHEN I PURCHASE 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD FROM APPLE STORE)
I have the Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 unlimited Client version, can I install this overtop of the client version?
I recently received a MacBook from a friend that has the Mac OS X 10.6 unlimited Client version on it. I am planning on using this for everyday use and was wondering if I can install the Mac OS 10.6 Snow Leopard overtop of the previous client version?
- Asked by Richard D from Pottsville
- Jan 18, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 unlimited Client version, can I install this overtop of the client version?)
OS X Tiger to OS X Snow Leopard
I have a MacBook (Black) with Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz. How can I upgrade my OS to Snow Leopard?. Can I just purchase the Snow Leopard Disc and perform a clean install?
- Asked by Mark Nico M from Malolos
- Oct 28, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (OS X Tiger to OS X Snow Leopard)
do you need snow leopard to open doc.x and ppt.x?
I have tried to install the package that allows my Macbook to read these documents but it says I need OS 10.6 (snow leopard)-why can't I read these Office docs with OS 10.5.8?
- Asked by Jane H from Davis
- Jun 16, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (do you need snow leopard to open doc.x and ppt.x?)
I have the macbook OS X 10.6.4, can i upgrade it to the Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Stephanie P from La Porte
- Aug 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have the macbook OS X 10.6.4, can i upgrade it to the Snow Leopard?)
is Mac OS X VERSION 10.6.2 same as Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
- Asked by Shaukat M from Sugar Land
- Nov 14, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (is Mac OS X VERSION 10.6.2 same as Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard)
Do the new macbooks have Mac OS X 10.6?
Do the newest 13-inch macbooks have Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard as the operating system? I am thinking about replacing my PowerBook G4 with a new MacBook and cannot find out what operating system the newest ones come with.
- Asked by Cecilia M from Birmingham
- Oct 15, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Do the new macbooks have Mac OS X 10.6?)
Will upgrading to Snow Leopard erase my hard drive?
When I upgraded my iBook G4 from Tiger to Leopard, it erased my hard drive, taking all my applications, documents, and music with it.
Will upgrading to Snow Leopard do the same thing?
- Asked by James G from Lincoln
- Oct 14, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Will upgrading to Snow Leopard erase my hard drive?)
I want to run Mac OS X 10.6 snow leopard on my PC is this possible?
OS X on PC
- Asked by Benjamin S from Melbourne
- Feb 22, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I want to run Mac OS X 10.6 snow leopard on my PC is this possible?)
Will my Macbook Pro mid 2012 work with Mac OS X Snow Leopard? Purpose: ProTools 8 and Adobe Premiere. Need to know: I have Yosemite on partition too
I am trying to install Protools on my Macbook Pro and I have already used the disk utility to partition my solid state Hard drive.
I have a DVD with Snow Leopard 10.6.3. I a certain this OS works with the version of Protools that I'm using.
I tried to extract a .dmg image file to point to my "Snow Leopard" partition and cannot acquire the .dmg (ISO file).
I'm sure it's on the Snow leopard disk, but I cannot extract it.
I am using Protools 8, is Maverick compatible?
I also have adobe premiere.
I recently upgraded to Yosemite. Unfortunately, most of the programs I use do not work with this Yosemite.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Asked by Benjamin G from Red Lion
- Apr 18, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my Macbook Pro mid 2012 work with Mac OS X Snow Leopard? Purpose: ProTools 8 and Adobe Premiere. Need to know: I have Yosemite on partition too)
If i install 10.6 can i do a clean install? I want to erase everthing and start over
I currently have 10.6.8 I bought this computer from a friend he didnt have any discs so i was able to remove the name of the computer but he still shows up in the home section. I would like to do a clean install and wanted to know if i purchase the online snow leopard if that will do a clean install or only a upgrade.
If not i will go to an apple store to get what i need
- Asked by Paul K from Portland
- Oct 30, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (If i install 10.6 can i do a clean install? I want to erase everthing and start over)
what is the difference between mac os x 10.6 and mac os x 10.6 server?
in order to use use vmware fusion 5 and rosetta-based mac software i need to have mac os x 10.6 server. How do I know if the disc I have is the server or the plain snow leopard?
- Asked by Paul C from Baltimore
- Apr 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between mac os x 10.6 and mac os x 10.6 server?)
I am still running Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my MakeBook Pro. Please tell me if and how iI can install Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 from Install DVD
The model of my MacBook Pro is MacBookPro4.1 of year 2006
processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 cores, speed 2.4 GHz
memory: 2 GB
available capacity: 132.63 GB out of 186 GB
Thanks in advance for your precious guidance
I'm running OS X 10.5. The optical drive no longer works on my Mac mini and I can't get the new external drive to work. How can I install OS X 10.6?
I have the Snow Leopard disk, I just can't figure out how to get it on my computer. And, of course, with the new iPhone and iPad updates we can't share anything from our iTunes accounts without updating the mac mini.