Similar questions from the community
Is Gestures required for Lion?
Do I need to also purchase the Gestures pad for swiping and scrolling in order to use Lion?
- Asked by Linda C from Veneta
- Feb 15, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Is Gestures required for Lion?)
what are the changes to the multitouch gestures?
i'm using 10.5.8
my trouble with multitouch is when scrolling vertical in a spreadsheet (openoffice) it has an undesirable lateral scroll.
is there a way to turn off the two finger lateral scroll just for openoffice?
can i change the rate of lateral scroll globally?
I would also like to eliminate the pinch zoom in/out in the spreadsheet as it drives me crazy.
does any of this work different in 10.6?
are there any 3rd party solutions that work with 10.5.8 or 10.6?
thank u sooooo much! this would make my mac experience so much better!
- Asked by My F
- Apr 6, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (what are the changes to the multitouch gestures?)
I have a MacBook Pro 10.6.8. Is there a free upgrade to Snow Leopard (10.7)?
I'm not sure I meet the requirements for upgrading to Lion, so it Snow Leopard the next best thing?. Is there somewhere I can look on my MacBook Pro that will tell me if I meet the Lion requirements? Thanks.
- Asked by Nancy W from Deland
- Sep 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MacBook Pro 10.6.8. Is there a free upgrade to Snow Leopard (10.7)?)
Can I downaload Mountain Lion from the Apple Store here? I don't need another CD or DVD lying around.
Thanks for reading my question.
All i want to do is update my software so i can run my new (gifted) iPod. It requires 10.7 iTunes and such.
I am running on OS X 10.5.8 and meet all the hardware requirements for Mountain lion, but I really don't want another CD or DVD gathering dust just so i can use my device.
Is there a way to purchase Mountain Lion for download instead of purchasing a disc?
- Asked by Alexandre G from Courtenay
- Jul 21, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I downaload Mountain Lion from the Apple Store here? I don't need another CD or DVD lying around.)
memory requirements for Snow Leopard?
- Asked by Benjamin T from Palm Beach Gardens
- Nov 18, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (memory requirements for Snow Leopard?)
what is the drive format requiring for MAC?
what is the drive format for MAC(like NTFS, FAT32,etc)?
- Asked by Naved H
- Jul 7, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the drive format requiring for MAC?)
Do I have to purchase both Snow Leopard and Lion or can I just purchase Lion?
I have acquired a mac w/out a hard drive, no disks, etc. I need to purchase an OS to install on it. Can I just purchase Lion (10.7) or do I have to purchase both Snow Leopard (10.6) and then also purchase Lion (10.7)?
- Asked by Sam B from Little Rock
- Nov 11, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I have to purchase both Snow Leopard and Lion or can I just purchase Lion?)
How to legally upgrade from Tiger now that the Mac Box Set Is no longer available?
I need to upgrade from OS X 10.4 to a more recent OS. I understood that this version of Snow Leopard (currently £26) was strictly for Leopard users - and although would technically work, the Mac Box Set was required for a properly licensed upgrade. However, since the release of Lion, it appears that the Mac Box Set is no longer available. Consequently, is this now the officially sanctioned route from Tiger to Snow Leopard (and also as a stepping-stone to Lion for a sufficiently spec'd Mac), or is any upgrade path from Tiger simply no longer available?
- Asked by John I
- Jul 26, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (How to legally upgrade from Tiger now that the Mac Box Set Is no longer available?)
How do I upgrade from Snow Leopard to Yosemite? Or somewhere in between?
I tried to update from Snow Leopard to Yosemite, I keep getting download error. What steps do I need to make so that it upgrades efficiently? I can not find OS X Lion, OS X Mountain Lion, etc upgrades in Apple Store. This is frustrating as I have a program I want to update and it requires OS X higher than Snow Leopard. I have spent entirely too much time on this issue.
- Asked by Tooba D from Portland
- Apr 5, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I upgrade from Snow Leopard to Yosemite? Or somewhere in between?)
Snow Leopard before Mountain Lion?
I have a Mac from 2009 with a 2.66 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, version 10.5.8. Do I need to buy Snow Leopard or can I just by Mountain Lion?
- Asked by Linda Z from Merced
- Apr 28, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Snow Leopard before Mountain Lion?)
can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?
I upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 now my mail doesn't work do I need to go to Lion 10.7? But I am afraid my macbook is too old to run it.. 2005 with no upgrades
- Asked by Sherry H from Sarasota
- Oct 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?)
Macbook Mountain Lion compatible?
I purchased an Ipad 4, and I need to sync it to my Itunes; however, I am currently running on version 10.5.8. I purchased the latest Snow Leopard and am currently waiting for it to arrive in the mail; however, I want to know if my computer would be compatible with Mountain Lion. Unfortunately, I do not know if it is early or late 2008 model. Please help me. The following information is about my computer is:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00
SMC Version (system): 1.31f1
Serial Number (system): W88212970P5
- Asked by Constance M from Arlington Heights
- Dec 29, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Macbook Mountain Lion compatible?)
how do i reinstall lion when i bought it online?
- Asked by Linda P from Reseda
- Sep 20, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (how do i reinstall lion when i bought it online?)
can i reverse lion to snow leopard
- Asked by Harold B
- Nov 20, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (can i reverse lion to snow leopard)
No answers yet
Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?
Macbook 13inch with Intel processor about 6mo old with ver 10.5.8 Tiger installed. Will a clean install be required, or does the standard install leave applications and data and just remove the old version and replace with the new 10.6 Snow Leopard version of the OSX?
- Asked by Roger H from Worland
- Nov 9, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (Upgrade from Leopard to Snow Leopard require a clean install?)
how much free space is required on my drive before installation
- Asked by Eric B from Bakersfield
- Oct 24, 2009
- Flag as inappropriate (how much free space is required on my drive before installation)
What are the minimum hardware requirements to operate snow leopard?
- Asked by Joshua G C from Conroe
- Jun 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (What are the minimum hardware requirements to operate snow leopard?)
Mac Pro Mountain Lion compatible?
Can I upgrade my Mac Pro (OS=Snow Leopard 10.6.8) to Mountain Lion?
I don't see anywhere in the About This Mac that would indicate approximate year of construction to illustrate the "early vs. Late" year of construction the "How To Upgrade" web page advisory indicates (i.e. Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer))
Here's the basic data from the About This Mac
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 5 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.7f10
Serial Number (system): G87303C7UQ2
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F20C3B64
- Asked by Jae A from Palo Alto
- Dec 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Mac Pro Mountain Lion compatible?)