Similar questions from the community
i have macbook pro from late 2007 running 10.6.8. can i upgrade to lion?
with the mobile me program ending, i will no longer have the ability of my iphone (version 4s) to synch with my computer wirelessly. in order to have icloud on my computer i need to upgrade to lion but i am concerned that my mac book pro is too old. it was purchased in late 2007 and is running 10.6.8. i am concerned that if i upgrade to lion, the computer won't accomodate the new operating system and might corrupt my photos and other stored information. would i be taking a risk with the lion? if it is ok to upgrade, what woulf the limitations be given the age of the computer.?
- Asked by Carol C from Essex Fells
- Feb 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (i have macbook pro from late 2007 running 10.6.8. can i upgrade to lion?)
powerpoint on 10 .6 .8
I have a macbook pro OS 10 .6 .8
I have created many power point presenations on it but today, I get a message saying it won't work. I don't want to upgrade my system right now, how can I create a ppt?
- Asked by Catherine V from Victoria
- May 19, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (powerpoint on 10 .6 .8)
No answers yet
can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?
I upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6.8 now my mail doesn't work do I need to go to Lion 10.7? But I am afraid my macbook is too old to run it.. 2005 with no upgrades
- Asked by Sherry H from Sarasota
- Oct 19, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (can my 2005 macbook upgrade to lion?)
I have a MacBook Pro 10.6.8. Is there a free upgrade to Snow Leopard (10.7)?
I'm not sure I meet the requirements for upgrading to Lion, so it Snow Leopard the next best thing?. Is there somewhere I can look on my MacBook Pro that will tell me if I meet the Lion requirements? Thanks.
- Asked by Nancy W from Deland
- Sep 22, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MacBook Pro 10.6.8. Is there a free upgrade to Snow Leopard (10.7)?)
I have a MACBOOK PRO with O/S Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I would like to purchase Keynote & I am wondering if I have to upgrade to Lion or Mountain Lion.
- Asked by Sekoiaa L from Otonabee-south Monaghan
- Jun 27, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MACBOOK PRO with O/S Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I would like to purchase Keynote & I am wondering if I have to upgrade to Lion or Mountain Lion.)
have macbook pro 2.16 ghz intel core 2 duo; 1 gb of 667MHz ram and my disk utility telling me i need to do a clean boot, what OS should i get?
i have a broken 10.6.8 Os currently, but if im buying a disk and can upgrade to lion i will.
I am running 10.6.8. I am trying to upgrade to Lion, but all I get is "waiting" - no download. What's wrong?
Unable to download Lion
- Asked by Hazel B from Washoe Valley
- Mar 5, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I am running 10.6.8. I am trying to upgrade to Lion, but all I get is "waiting" - no download. What's wrong?)
What kind of problems will I encounter upgrading from 10.6.8? Will my MS Office:mac 2008 still work? How about my timemachine?
I bought my MacBook Pro to replace a company mac that I continued to do sales work for on commission. I stopped doing so after being hired by a competitor. The problem is I partitioned the hard drive for "work" and personal use. I lost the password for administrator for the "work" side years ago and the personal side is full. We bought a new Brother printer that was wifi and bluetooth functional, but on trying to set it up with the laptop, it informed me that I need to update the operating system. To make matters worse, during a recent remodel the power cord to my WD 1T hard drive I had used for time machine got lost and I can't seem to get a Toshiba 1T I bought on a sailing cruise to save pictures with, was configured as a windows unit and I have to use the NTFI? interface to access it, but it won't run Time machine. So now I'm not sure what to think, I would really like to run time machine and back up the computer before updating, and I'm concerned that all my apps won't function with the new op system.
Another FYI'er stuck
- Asked by Stephen H from Avon
- Jan 23, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of problems will I encounter upgrading from 10.6.8? Will my MS Office:mac 2008 still work? How about my timemachine?)
will the 10.8.5 combo upgrade from 10.6.8
I'm trying to upgrade the operating system on a 2 yr old MacBook Pro from 10.6.8 to10.8.5. Will the 10.8.5 combo release do that? Or to I need to go to 19.8.0 as an intermediate upgrade?
- Asked by James B from Lexington
- Sep 25, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (will the 10.8.5 combo upgrade from 10.6.8)
I have MacBook Pro with OS 10.6.8. Can I partition and install Yosemite so I can run different software on each operating system?
- Asked by Laura B from San Francisco
- Dec 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have MacBook Pro with OS 10.6.8. Can I partition and install Yosemite so I can run different software on each operating system?)
Can I upgrade my Macbook Pro 13" 10.6.8 to 10.7?
I'm trying to use Elgato Game Capture card, but the system requirements require my mac to be "Mac: OS X 10.7 or later, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo CPU." Am i able to upgrade my Mac to that?
- Asked by Fabian L from Katy
- Jun 4, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade my Macbook Pro 13" 10.6.8 to 10.7?)
I have an iMac 10.6.8 and a MacBookPro 10.6.8. Can I purchase 1 upgrade and download on both machines
Do I need to upgrade to a later version Snow Leopard before upgrading to Mountain Lion? Also can the purchase of 1 upgrade be downloaded on 2 machines? Both my iMac and MacBookPro are 10.6.8. Thanks.
- Asked by John M from Dunnellon
- Oct 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an iMac 10.6.8 and a MacBookPro 10.6.8. Can I purchase 1 upgrade and download on both machines)
I have os 10.6.8 what is my next OS?
I'm on a Macbook Pro 2.4ghz intel core duo, 4GB memory.
What OS should I go on to from here and how do I do that?
- Asked by Kay H
- Sep 10, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (I have os 10.6.8 what is my next OS?)
Mac os x 10.6.8need upgrading?
I have Mac 10.6.8 on a mac book, MacBookPro5,3 can I to upgrade to mountain lion?
- Asked by Arthur L from Toronto
- Oct 8, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Mac os x 10.6.8need upgrading?)
What version does the Snow Leopard install disk install? What is the easiest way to install 10.6.8 on a new Macintosh? (I need Rosetta)
I may soon buy a new MacBook Pro, but they are shipping with Lion and I need Rosetta. I can buy a Snow Leopard install disk, but what version does it install? I heard it was 10.6.5. It will be a nuisance, taking extra time and several reboots, to update from 10.6.5 to 10.6.8, which I may have to do several times over the lifetime of the computer.
- Asked by James S from San Francisco
- Mar 16, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What version does the Snow Leopard install disk install? What is the easiest way to install 10.6.8 on a new Macintosh? (I need Rosetta))
Mac Pro Mountain Lion compatible?
Can I upgrade my Mac Pro (OS=Snow Leopard 10.6.8) to Mountain Lion?
I don't see anywhere in the About This Mac that would indicate approximate year of construction to illustrate the "early vs. Late" year of construction the "How To Upgrade" web page advisory indicates (i.e. Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer))
Here's the basic data from the About This Mac
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro1,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB
Memory: 5 GB
Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08
SMC Version (system): 1.7f10
Serial Number (system): G87303C7UQ2
Hardware UUID: 00000000-0000-1000-8000-0017F20C3B64
- Asked by Jae A from Palo Alto
- Dec 17, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Mac Pro Mountain Lion compatible?)
macbook white upgrade
Hi, I would like to upgrade my macbook white from 10.5 to 10.7, however the support models are:
iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)
MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminium, or Early 2009 or newer)
MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)
Xserve (Early 2009)
MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)
Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)
Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)
Which one is macbook white belongs to???
anyone tried upgrade before??
My processor is 2GHz, memory 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM.. Can upgrade to 10.7?
- Asked by Yongjian N
- Jul 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (macbook white upgrade)