Similar questions from the community
I have a MacBook with an Intel processor, but it is currently running Ubuntu. Can I use this disk to install Mac OS 10.6?
I need to know if I can use this disk, or do I need to get an older version of mac, then upgrade?
- Asked by Jeffrey W from Portland
- Jan 2, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MacBook with an Intel processor, but it is currently running Ubuntu. Can I use this disk to install Mac OS 10.6?)
Can I install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on a late 2012 mac mini?
I keep getting an error, "You have “Install Mac OS X” 23.1.1.". My mac mini has an intel processor (2.3 GHz Intel Core i7). I am trying to go to a version of the OS that will run PowerPC applications.
- Asked by Brad H from Maryville
- Sep 16, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I install Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on a late 2012 mac mini?)
I'm running OS X 10.5. The optical drive no longer works on my Mac mini and I can't get the new external drive to work. How can I install OS X 10.6?
I have the Snow Leopard disk, I just can't figure out how to get it on my computer. And, of course, with the new iPhone and iPad updates we can't share anything from our iTunes accounts without updating the mac mini.
My Intel mac mini 2011 hard drive died and I can't find my installation disks.
I'm ok with buying a new Snow Leopard DVD Installation, but I'm wondering about the boot camp Windows driver disk. Does that come with it too?
- Asked by Ernest N from Hillsboro
- Sep 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (My Intel mac mini 2011 hard drive died and I can't find my installation disks.)
Can Mac OS Snow Leopard be installed on an early 2014 MacMini (2.3 gHZ Intel Core i7, 64 bit, 8 GB RAM)?
Snow Leopard would be installed on a thunderbolt external hard drive so that the Mac Mini can run older software not compatible with Mavericks and later Mac OS.
- Asked by Charles V from Scottsdale
- Dec 9, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Mac OS Snow Leopard be installed on an early 2014 MacMini (2.3 gHZ Intel Core i7, 64 bit, 8 GB RAM)?)
DO I GET A CODE WHEN I PURCHASE 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD FROM APPLE STORE
NEED TO INSTALL MAC OS ON A BLANK MAC LAPTOP
- Asked by Simon S
- Sep 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (DO I GET A CODE WHEN I PURCHASE 10.6 SNOW LEOPARD FROM APPLE STORE)
Is the Snow Leopard installation disc 10.6.3 or 10.6.8?
I recently bought a Mac OS X Snow Leopard installation disc and they say that it runs 10.6.3. My computer runs Mac OS X 10.6.8. If I used this disc on the computer, will it affect the operating systems negatively at all? Or will it work with no problems?
- Asked by Shon W from Beverly Hills
- Jan 24, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Snow Leopard installation disc 10.6.3 or 10.6.8?)
I have an older iMac, iMac5,1. It is running OS 10.6.8, and it is running REALLY slow. I'd like to re-install the OS to start over. Best OS for me?
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM51.0090.B09
SMC Version (system): 1.9f4
- Asked by Michael P from Escondido
- Aug 29, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (I have an older iMac, iMac5,1. It is running OS 10.6.8, and it is running REALLY slow. I'd like to re-install the OS to start over. Best OS for me?)
I am still running Mac OS X 10.5.8 on my MakeBook Pro. Please tell me if and how iI can install Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.3 from Install DVD
The model of my MacBook Pro is MacBookPro4.1 of year 2006
processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 cores, speed 2.4 GHz
memory: 2 GB
available capacity: 132.63 GB out of 186 GB
Thanks in advance for your precious guidance
2010 white Macbook on OSX 10.5.8 --can I install upgraded 10.6 or higher OS from another mac computer I have?
Have an macbook I'd like the kids to use -- mainly for the dvd drive and internet.
I don't want to pay for two OS upgrades just for that.
1. Can I use a program I already have on other equipment? (another near dead macbook pro)?
2. How high of an OS can this machine go?
3. How functional is 10.5.8 for things like the Internet?
The white macbook has 2.4 Ghz Intel core duo
- Asked by Ara W from Durham
- Jun 20, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (2010 white Macbook on OSX 10.5.8 --can I install upgraded 10.6 or higher OS from another mac computer I have?)
Will Snow Leopard OS X 10.6 work with my Mac Mini (Core Solo processor)?
- Asked by Harry M from Paoli
- Jan 11, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (Will Snow Leopard OS X 10.6 work with my Mac Mini (Core Solo processor)?)
I have an old iMac running 10.5.8. I just bought my son a MacBook that runs 10.6.6. Can I use his install disk to upgrade my older machine to 10.6?
What kind of problems will I encounter upgrading from 10.6.8? Will my MS Office:mac 2008 still work? How about my timemachine?
I bought my MacBook Pro to replace a company mac that I continued to do sales work for on commission. I stopped doing so after being hired by a competitor. The problem is I partitioned the hard drive for "work" and personal use. I lost the password for administrator for the "work" side years ago and the personal side is full. We bought a new Brother printer that was wifi and bluetooth functional, but on trying to set it up with the laptop, it informed me that I need to update the operating system. To make matters worse, during a recent remodel the power cord to my WD 1T hard drive I had used for time machine got lost and I can't seem to get a Toshiba 1T I bought on a sailing cruise to save pictures with, was configured as a windows unit and I have to use the NTFI? interface to access it, but it won't run Time machine. So now I'm not sure what to think, I would really like to run time machine and back up the computer before updating, and I'm concerned that all my apps won't function with the new op system.
Another FYI'er stuck
- Asked by Stephen H from Avon
- Jan 23, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (What kind of problems will I encounter upgrading from 10.6.8? Will my MS Office:mac 2008 still work? How about my timemachine?)
does the install remove your files
i want to upgrade to mac os 10.6.3 but im worried if it will erase the files on all the accounts on my mac
- Asked by Joseph G from Seaside
- Oct 12, 2010
- Flag as inappropriate (does the install remove your files)