Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Apple Display Power in UAE
Hi, I am moving to UAE next month and I would like to know if my Apple 27" display will work there. It's not the Thunderbolt model but the previous incantation of this display.
- Asked by Shawn S from Germantown
- Dec 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Display Power in UAE)
Can I power a Thunderbolt Display from the mac-mini?
Wondering if I have to have an additional mains plug for the display or if it will run from power off the mac-mini.
- Asked by Neil K
- Oct 11, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I power a Thunderbolt Display from the mac-mini?)
can I purchase a longer power chord for the 27" Thunderbolt display?
- Asked by Carlos C from Long Beach
- Aug 2, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (can I purchase a longer power chord for the 27" Thunderbolt display?)
Will the 27" Thunderbolt Display power a USB SuperDrive?
My SuperDrive works only if I plug it directly into my Retina Display MBP, thus taking up one of the USB ports. My powered USB hub will not power the SuperDrive, and neither will the USB ports on the back of my 30" Cinema Display monitor.
If I get the 27" Thunderbolt Display, can I plug the SuperDrive into one of the USB ports on the back of the display and draw enough power from it?
- Asked by Roger B from Los Angeles
- Jan 12, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the 27" Thunderbolt Display power a USB SuperDrive?)
Am I able to order a replacement ac power cord for my 27" thunderbolt display?
I am moving back from the UK to USA and need to replace the AC power cord that plugs into an electrical outlet. Will I be able to order this part separately? If so, how? Online or over the phone? What is the part number?
- Asked by Zach W from Portland
- Feb 22, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Am I able to order a replacement ac power cord for my 27" thunderbolt display?)
Thunderbolt display cable length/extension
Apple doesn't say, but I've read that the integral Thunderbolt cable is just one meter (or three feet approx.). I have also read that it is possible to extend this by purchasing the two meter Thunderbolt cable from Apple and connecting to the extra port, but then I will not have powered USB / Firewire ports on the display.
Question: is there a connector that would allow me to extend the integral cable by adding Apple's cable and thus retain use of the Thunderbolt port and allow power to the USB & Firewire ports.
I am will be using this with a rMacbook Pro. I have some work I need to do at a few feet distant from the monitor.
- Asked by Jonathan B from Miami
- Oct 9, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Thunderbolt display cable length/extension)
What is the average power consumption of the Thunderbolt display when hooked up to a new 85W MacBook Pro 15"?
I'm off-grid so this really matters. I'm gutted Apple have discontinued the 17" MacBook Pro because that extra screen real estate makes an enormous amount of difference. A desktop is much too power hungry for my situation, but if the Thunderbolt display is reasonable then this setup becomes a potential (if far more expensive) replacement option.
Can I connect the apple TV to the Apple Thunderbolt Display
- Asked by Edward & Angelika G from Atlanta
- Nov 9, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect the apple TV to the Apple Thunderbolt Display)
what is the difference between the thunderbolt display and the cinema display?
- Asked by Reynaldo Allan B from Los Angeles
- Nov 25, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between the thunderbolt display and the cinema display?)
What is the difference between this display and the LED Cinema Display?
- Asked by Alex L from Bozeman
- Aug 30, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the difference between this display and the LED Cinema Display?)
When connected to a MacBook pro, how do you turn everything on?
Basically I have a laptop pro stand so the display will be on top with the MacBook stored under. Do I have to pull it all apart and open the laptop just to turn it on every time? I didn't see a power button on the display or anything...
- Asked by Jordan P from Bonne Terre
- Apr 28, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (When connected to a MacBook pro, how do you turn everything on?)
Can you daisy chain a mini display port Apple Cinema Display to the Thunderbolt Display from a 2013 Mac Pro?
Example: Mac Pro > Thunderbolt Display > Cinema Display
- Asked by Kuni N from Burnaby
- Jul 22, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you daisy chain a mini display port Apple Cinema Display to the Thunderbolt Display from a 2013 Mac Pro?)
Can Thunderbolt Display cables be replaced?
I have been using an Apple Thunderbolt Display since it was first available. In the past few years, I have been experiencing issues where a Macbook Pro (a mid 2013 edition and now a mid 2014 edition) has been experiencing ejecting disks, ejecting iDevices, and ejecting displays (i.e. display screen goes black). Logic boards have been replaced 3 times on the earlier Macbook Pro and 1 time on the 2014 edition. I am now experiencing the ejecting display issue again on the mid 2014 Macbook Pro.
After disconnecting all external devices (disks, iDevices, etc.), the only remaining item that is connected is the Apple Thunderbolt Display. It seems like the Thunderbolt cable is the issue. I wonder if the heat from the Thunderbolt connection has been causing failures in the logic boards, however, I digress.
Is is possible to completely replace the Thunderbolt cable from the Apple Display to a Macbook Pro?
- Asked by James W from Terre Haute
- Oct 14, 2015
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Thunderbolt Display cables be replaced?)
No answers yet
apple cinema display connection to new Mac Pro?
- Asked by Alan C from Chicago
- Jun 3, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (apple cinema display connection to new Mac Pro?)
No answers yet