Questions & Answers: Search Results
Similar questions from the community
Do full screen applications work as per normal like on my MBA?
- Asked by Mitch R from Mentone
- Feb 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Do full screen applications work as per normal like on my MBA?)
If I bought a high spec Macbook Air or Pro, could I buy a normal 4k monitor and use it sort of like an iMac?
Basically, I would prefer to buy the 27" iMac 5k with retina display but obviously it costs around about an arm and a leg, so my question is... If I bought a very high spec Macbook Pro or Air could I connect that to, let's say, a 4k Samsung monitor using one of those DVI to HDMI ports and use it 'like' an iMac? Also, a friend of mine told me that if I was to use this approach, there is a mode on the mac so that I could possible close the screen of the mac and pop it in a drawer for example and still use it, by using the external Samsung monitor? So, i Guess it's sort of on a kind of standby mode, but still being used? Sorry about the constant questions, but I'm so rubbish with Apple products, I'm new to it all you see. If I was to do this, could I buy an Apple wireless keyboard and mouse and use that whilst the macbook's screen is shut, whilst I'm using the huge 4k Samsung display? I'm only asking this many questions because it is an awful lot of money to be spending on something that may or may not work. Thanks for anyone who answers this, meanwhile, I'm very confused at the minute.
Thank you, Sam.
Can a TBD connected to another display like LCD TV for the 3rd monitor?
MBP 15" connected to TBD then 3rd connection just normal LCD TV. will this work?
- Asked by James C
- Nov 24, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Can a TBD connected to another display like LCD TV for the 3rd monitor?)
How many pixels per square inch
- Asked by Paul L from Bloomfield Hills
- Mar 4, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (How many pixels per square inch)
No answers yet
Chaining a non-Apple display (via a HDMI->Tb cable) to a (as yet unbought) Thunderbolt display on a MacBook Air (purchased Feb 2014): Workable?
The MacBook Air was bought in Feb 2014 and currently works with the aforementioned display via a HDMI->Tb cable.
This is what I get from the "system report" on my MacBook Air.
Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 1.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBA61.0099.B21
SMC Version (system): 2.13f15
Serial Number (system): ---
Hardware UUID: ---
Vendor Name: Apple Inc.
Device Name: MacBook Air
Route String: 0
Firmware Version: 23.6
Domain UUID: ---
- Asked by Jeremy C from Singapore
- Jan 21, 2016
- Flag as inappropriate (Chaining a non-Apple display (via a HDMI->Tb cable) to a (as yet unbought) Thunderbolt display on a MacBook Air (purchased Feb 2014): Workable?)
Macbook air doesn't have FireWire or Etherne port.. Can I connect the MBA to display and use display ports instead?
Eg. I need to connect my MacBook air to my router via Ethernet cable... Can I use the display to create this connection? Same for FireWire?
Can I connect my laptop from work (Dell / HP) to a Thunderbolt Display?
I would like to buy a Macbook Air for home but I would like to use one monitor for both, my PC from work (Dell / HP) and my new Macbook. I really like the Thunderbolt display but I am not sure if it will work with my PC.
- Asked by Juan S from Katy
- Aug 12, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my laptop from work (Dell / HP) to a Thunderbolt Display?)
If I daisy chain two Thunderbolt Displays, can I do two different tasks at the same time?
For example, on the first display I would like to open up a Word file and work on it while the other display is in Excel.
- Asked by Roderick E from Wilmington
- Sep 27, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (If I daisy chain two Thunderbolt Displays, can I do two different tasks at the same time?)
Is the screen glossy or matte?
- Asked by Andrew K from San Francisco
- Aug 26, 2013
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the screen glossy or matte?)
how do I clean the thunderbolt display screen?
- Asked by Glenn A from Soldotna
- Jan 30, 2014
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I clean the thunderbolt display screen?)
No answers yet
Can i add in the end of the chain a non thunderbolt display as 2nd display
i am setting up my new work desk, and have the following plan:
1 Mac Book Pro (Latest)
then via TB 1 x 27inch Thunderbolt Display
then via TB 1x Pegasus R6 Raid
and then as the last one in the chain a Normal 2010 Display port
Will that work?
- Asked by Benjamin S from Malden
- Jan 22, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i add in the end of the chain a non thunderbolt display as 2nd display)
Apple Display Power in UAE
Hi, I am moving to UAE next month and I would like to know if my Apple 27" display will work there. It's not the Thunderbolt model but the previous incantation of this display.
- Asked by Shawn S from Germantown
- Dec 1, 2011
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple Display Power in UAE)
Can I integrate a macbook air with a mini and a large screen?
I need super portability for travel, but I will need a large screen and large storage when I compose and edit. Can I inegrate the Air as a keyboard and second screen for a mini with a large screen?
- Asked by Carmen-helena T from Bloomington
- Apr 23, 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I integrate a macbook air with a mini and a large screen?)